Trial By Lightning

(Cao Cao POV)

LP, each second is kind of calming to watch. Being comforted by rising numbers is a bit strange, but such is my life now. After the small conversation with the Spear before, it had gone quiet, and the rain was not helping, so I decided to create another skill, that being mana skin. This one took 4,000 LP from my now 7,700 LP, which built up after two hours.

The skill itself is quite simple: using my Mana from my small magic core, I can coat my skin with it and reinforce it against external attacks and elements. The skill itself comes from the anime Black Clover and is often used by the magic knights to keep themselves protected by external magic as well as the elements of nature.

The technique itself is twofold as it allows me to protect myself against the elements, such as the chilling wind and rain, while also training my Mana control and the overall amount of Mana at the same time. The skin itself has a type of aura that is very noticeable, but for now, considering the fact that it creates a small yellow glow around me. The color may be affected by the fact that my soul has the Spear of Longinus in it.

For now, though, the mana skin helps keep me warm and walking through the pouring rain.

Wait, why is it raining? The sky was clear before? Unless...

My theory is then proven true but in a different way: a large flying man appears heralded by loud thunderstorms, and as he appears, he immediately looks upon me with a myriad of emotions to which I summon my Spear.

He almost laughs as he says with his booming, "Is this what caused the anomaly? Another wielder of the Spear? I would be scared, but I could tell that you are inexperienced."

I do admit to being scared, as in one day, I encountered a god to which he continued, "Now what to do with you? It would be so easy to kill you and rip that Spear from your corpse, but I am feeling generous. Be honored mortal I, Leigong, god of thunder, shall give you a chance." He then gestures to his side and multiple warriors made of lighting form, with their forms barely comprehensible to a normal human.

" He then gestures to his side and multiple warriors made of lighting form, with their forms barely comprehensible to a normal human

"Now, the challenge. If you defeat these five warriors, I shall let you go; if not, you shall die here. I truly am the most generous deity." He really likes to talk about himself, doesn't he?