Chapter 3

(Picture credits to rightful owner )

Kim Daehyun and Jeon Junghoon were college buddies.  In business world,jeons and Kims were rivals. But Daehyun and Junghoon didn’t let that rivalry affect their friendship.

Coincidentally their wives were also childhood best friends. Two years of marriage, Meena daehyun’s wife, gave birth to Seokjin. After next three years, she gave birth to Taehyung.

  Hyuna’s first pregnancy ended in a miscarriage. The doctors told her that she would never get pregnant again. But Hyuna was not ready to give up. After years of prayers and treatments, she conceived again.

  Pregnancy was too risky and Junghoon was against this. He was not ready to risk his love’s life. But Hyuna was stubborn. She underwent twelve hours of labour pain and gave birth to Jungkook.
He was so tiny that Junghoon was even afraid to hold him. They raised their son with so much love and care.

Days passed happily.

  After knowing Jungkook’s condition, both Kims and Jeons become more protective of him. occasionally on weekends, both families gather in either Jeon or kims place, renew their old memories, talk about their business and let their kids mingle with each other. But the last one mentioned didn’t happen.

Jin and Taehyung completed their high school when Jungkook was in elementary school. After high school they both become busy with their higher studies and stop attending the gatherings and parties their parents used to go to.

Jin stayed in Korea and pursued his teaching career whereas Taehyung moved to Landon to study business and finance. He wants to take over their family business in future.

Last year at Jungkook’s middle school a big tragedy happened. Jeon couple met with an accident. junghoon died on the spot itself. Hyuna was on the ventilator for 1 week. On the 8th day, she regained her conscious. But her condition was still critical and doctors already lost hope. on her deathbed, hyuna asked only for one thing from kims,  Protect her kookie.

hyuna knows they will do this without even asking. Meena promised her they will always be there for him,
Not only just because she asked for it but kims loves him so much.

Jungkook condition was even worse. He didn’t eat or sleep, not even talk to anyone. Pouring oil on the fire, Nari accused Jungkook for his own parents death. As per her perspective, jungkook Is an unfortunate child who will bring bad luck to everyone.

Parents death and stinging words from his Aunty left Jungkook mentally exhausted. It was too much for a 12-year-old to take.

After so much of therapies and comforts jungkook back to his normal life. He moves to his grandparents house, Jeon mansion. Yoongi was also there. They weren’t close before because of Nari. She has forbidden Yoongi to even talk to him in past. 

Yoongi felt guilty for listening to his mother and avoiding his brother for so long. So he worked hard to improve his relationship with Jungkook.

Kims especially Meena and Jin visit him often in Jeon mansion. Jungkook also visited them and spent two or three days with Kims. And that’s how a bond bloomed between Jin and Jungkook.

Yoongi took control of Jeon Ltd and became the CEO. He fell in love with his assistant Park Jimin and married him despite his mother’s objection.
Jin married the CFO of Kim Enterprise Kim Namjoon. 

Taehyung visits his family sometimes but never spent more than 3 days there, because of his tight schedule. He was so guilty for that. But he can do…….

Taehyung can’t even attend Jin’s wedding because of the sudden lockdown due to the coronavirus.

everything was going fine

But Unexpectedly, Daehyun had to retire earlier than he intended due to his heart ailments.
Taehyung didn’t complete his masters at that time. Not only that, he did not have any experience or knowledge to become a CEO of a company.

Because of that Namjoon as an elder son even though he was son-in-law to Kim he was always like a son to them.. they announced him as a CEO.

After four years in Landon and three years in Boston for his masters, Taehyung came back to his motherland and joined their company as a trainee. He was too engrossed with his work life. After two and half years, When daehyung was convinced that taehyung had the efficiency, maturity and knowledge to lead a company, he was appointed as Co CEO of KIM enterprise.

During this period jungkook and Taehyung didn’t even meet each other for once. Whenever Jungkook visits kim mansion, taehyung is either in the office or on a business trip. He also stops staying overnight at Kim mansion because of university.

They all were peaceful living their own life but one day the peace was broken.
Some group tried to kidnap Jungkook but they failed. Kims, using their influence and power, investigated more about this and the result shocked them.

A sex racket is running in Seoul targeting boys like Jungkook. police tracked them down and brought them to justice. But Meena was very upset after this incident. She felt like she failed to keep her promise given to Hyuna.

Guilt began to eat her. Seeing this condition of his wife, daehyun came up with a suggestion. Marry jungkook with taehyung.

Kims are the most powerful family in Korea. Even though mins and jeons are right behind, Kims are unreachable when it comes to power and influence.

Anyone would think twice before touching a member in kims. Meena was happy with the suggestion. They also discussed this with Jin and Namjoon and they were ecstatic. The couple were attached to Jungkook. They decided to move further after learning Taehyung’s opinion.

But all their excitement went in vain when Taehyung objected to this and you all know why……
They all tried to convince Taehyung and it took a whole month to make him say yes. But he put forward a condition. He just marrying Jungkook for name, no one should expect anything more from him.

Meena was first hesitant to hear his condition but Jin encouraged her to move forward with it. Seems like something is cooking in Jin's head.

They approach jeons with the proposal. And Soojin was over the moon hearing this. Her mind was also a mess after that kidnapping incident. Soojin always thought that Jungkook should be placed in safe hands before she dies.

She is aware that Jungkook will never find the same level of protection and attention from Kims elsewhere. Yoongi and Jimin favoured this.

Yoongi also does his research about Taehyung, especially from Jung Hoseok his old friend and Taehyung’s assistant. Hoseok confirmed that he had never seen Taehyung with anyone or slept around with random people.

jimin takes the responsibility to know what’s in Jungkook’s mind. After so much stuttering and shying around, he finally said yes.

Their engagement was done privately in Jeon mansion. Elders decided to hold their wedding during Jungkook’s sem break.

After engagement taehyung carried on with his life like nothing, immersing himself in works. Jungkook waited for other to call or visit. But nothing like that happened. He thinks about visiting Taehyung but shrugs it off thinking others will be busy with his work. He comforts himself in mind saying everything will settle After marriage.

After all a whole life is left for them.
___________________________________________

Soo...

How many of you remember the first book you read on wattpad?

I forgot the name but I still remember it was Leofiat (Don’t say No-bl drama)fanfiction

Comment down yours and.... thank you for reading