9. 🖤

HOUSE OF MCKAYDA & MARTIN 

Makki and Martin considered themselves soulmates. They met back in high school and were true lovers. Makki thought that Martin was a snobby rich kid who thought the world revolved around them. Makki grew up with a single mother who did prostitution for a living and she didn't want to end up like her mother so she stayed away from boys, especially rich one's.

Martin was well known in school and he was a part of the school's football team. He was known for being a 'man whore' which was not really true. He's been in only 3 serious relationships and has been on quite a few dates. He never intentionally led someone on. 

Martin, Helio, Kyo, Torah and Yenna were in the same friend group and Torah was the one who introduced Makki on their second day of high school. Martin knew Makki because she lived 3 houses away from him and when she just moved in that summer she said quite a few swear words at him for lingering too long at her new home.

He barely saw her that day but when he went home he couldn't stop thinking about her and that day when Torah introduced her he wanted to talk to her real badly.

In mid October Makki started working at Martin's uncle's small shop. She had no Idea it belonged to his uncle and when he heard she was working there he volunteered. His uncle who had tried to get him to help out all summer knew exactly what he was up to. It needed to help so he allowed him to work there.

It took many days for them to have a 'normal' conversation. Makki was hot headed and always had something to say and Martin was good at provoking people. With all honesty he just likes it when she gets mad because he found her adorable and he even gets her to talk even though it's mainly her cursing at him. He didn't mind at all.

A new year had just begun when Makki faced a great tragedy. She ran out of her house in only her underwear and it was Martin she turned to. He lived a good life and that night he was close to committing a crime. Some asshole had tried to take advantage of Makki. 

That night as he put his own clothes on her, comforted her and rocked her to sleep was the night they became closer. 

Makki's mother wasn't stable enough to keep Makki and she was sent to rehab and Makki lived with Martin for the rest of the year.

They became best friends, two inseparable beings and then they grew to see each other as more and they both gave their all and loved each other.

Makki's mother wanted to become a nurse and she shared her dreams with Makki who decided to be the person she never was. At 17, her mother had her and dropped out of school. Her mother had no one and she had to find a way for her child. Her father was 32 at that time and filled her mother with empty promises and then left her. Her mother sold her body for money so she could provide for them both. Year's later she began to lose her mind. She would take drugs and drink everyday and then the roles were reversed. Makki was now the one taking care of them both. 

Makki did well in school and went to college on the journey to become a maternity nurse like what her mother wanted to be. 

Martin's dad died on the day of his graduation. Hit and run. His father was one of the few people whom he loved. It took 9 months to catch the person who did it and they only served 5 years. They would get out of jail and if he had a father he would see him again and Martin wouldn't. 

His father was a successful lawyer and businessman and Martin, who was never that interested in law, gave it his all and is a criminal lawyer today. 

Makki and Martin have been through many ups and downs but they still stayed strong and had faith in each other. 

****

KRISTIAN MEGA MART

'Torah is totally having a girl' Makki said, pointing at a little red dress and picking it up 'She gives off girl vibes…only a idiot would dare to picture her with a boy'

'I see it too' Martin agreed 

Makki lingered at the baby section of the store just looking at things and Martin's heart ached. It's not like they were actively trying for a child because Makki had 3 miscarriages. He knew deep down that it hurts her to see her friends getting pregnant. 

When he was in middle school he was positive that he wanted 10 kids and when his aunt left him to babysit his cousins he changed his mind instantly. He wanted to start a family with Makki yes but if she couldn't carry the child then he just had to accept that. There are many ways out there  of getting a kid. They're still pretty young so they can wait it out. He wanted to get a pet though. Something Makki could still spoil and brag about.

'Babe let's cash this and get out of here and have some fun' Martin ushered 

'Torah should let us plan her baby shower or even a gender reveal' Makki gushed 

'Hell Yeah! What better option than us,' Martin smirked.

They head to the cash register and pay for their items and Martin takes Makki to the beach to get her mind off things.

****

☆ TANIA ☆