19. 🖤

HOUSE OF MCKAYDA & MARTIN 

When Makki woke up she was also shocked by the news. She told herself she couldn't carry a baby to term and stopped thinking too deeply about it. 

The doctor asked her if she wanted to do an ultrasound and she screamed no. She had over 2 ultrasounds at home and that's all she had. The ultrasound photo and no baby. The doctor didn't ask her anything further and she did one last check up and then Makki got discharged. 

The entire car ride home Makki was lost in thought. She tried to have positive thoughts but all she could think about was how can she keep this baby safe. Martin's hand rubbed hers gently and he didn't let go until they were home.

At home, Martin tried to reassure Makki that everything would be fine even though deep down he felt the same way she did. 

'Martin…I want this to stay between us'

'I understand love'

Makki placed her hand on her somewhat of a flat stomach. 10 weeks but she had no baby bump to show and didn't get pregnancy symptoms or maybe she did and didn't notice. The big cherry on top was she got a period but since her periods were irregular she stopped caring about them and it taking 2-3 month breaks was nothing new to her. 

10 month's was a huge milestone for Makki and although  she barely managed to escaped a miscarriage she was glad she did. 

Martin hugged her from behind and rocked her tired body and she relaxed into him and sighed. If Makki had no one she knew for a fact that she had Martin and honestly he was all she needed.

Makki fell asleep moments later and Martin picked her up bridal style and took her to bed. If Martin could take away her pain he would without hesitation. He laid in bed beside her because he had nothing to do and he wanted to offer her physical comfort.

***

'Martin?' 

'Hmm' 

'I'm hungry…' 

Martin pried his eye's open and looked at Makki's pouting face. When she woke up she tapped his nose twice and bit his ear but he still pretended to be alseep. She told him she knew he was awake and he chuckled and hugged her closer without opening his eye's.

'Have anything in mind baby?'

'I want pizza' 

'Okay baby we'll get pizza'

'And…iceceam and cake and  ice cream and those cheesy fries at Wendy's hot stuff'

'Anything for you love'

Makki grabbed Martin and kissed his face and told him he was the best person in the whole wide world. He laughed at her playfulness and kissed her back passionately on the lips. They showered together and wore matching outfits and then head out.

WENDY'S HOT STUFF

Martin stopped at their local pizza hut and ordered a large pizza for Makki and they drove to Wendy's hot stuff to buy the fries. Martin ended up craving hot wings and bought enough so that makki could have some and they sat together at a booth and waited to get served.

'Makki!' someone called out and Martin & Makki turnt their heads in unison. Makki could recognize that voice anywhere and it was of her best friend. 

'Torah!' Makki siad with equal excitement as Torah

Torah and Helio sat opposite the other couple and they didn't complain. Makki stared at Torah's belly with admiration. She would've loved to tell her about her pregnancy but she didn't want to have to tell her days later that her baby was no more like she did before.

'It's good seeing you here' Torah smiled 'I've been wanting cheesy fries and this is the best place to get it'

'Oh my God! That's why I'm here too I've been wanting cheesy fries too'

'See Makki we are meant to be' 

Martin hugged Makki closer at Torah's statement and both women laughed. 

'So how have you been doing? Helio have you been taking care of my babies'

'Always' Helio answered 

'The baby started moving around and kicking about recently' Torah said 

'Really? Can someone feel it from the outside?' 

'No not yet, Helio have been trying and he pouted when he didn't feel anything'

'Me? I did not' 

'You know she's right, weren't you the one who pouted the entire study session cause your ice cream fell?' Martin added 

'We were 14' 

'Yeah and?' Martin laughed 

Torah and Helio ordered before taking a seat with Makki & Martin and the couples sat together and ate and joked around like old times. Makki and Torah excused themselves to go to the bathroom and Torah shared her endeavors with Yenna because she had forgotten to tell Makki. They continued to gossip for a while and completely forgot about their husbands outside until Martin called Makki. They all bid each other goodbye and went their separate ways.

***

☆ TANIA ☆