Chapter 12: Cannot Threaten Him Anymore

Madrid, Spain.

"Trap,"

"Yes, Sir," the man with the surname Trap, walks towards the two people. It's been five minutes and the two of them just look at each other. He almost thought that he was in a staring contest.

Trap cleared his throat and carefully placed all the folders on the small, long table.

"Chairman, here are all the business deals obtained by CEO Syquia during the two months he managed the SGC. In the coming two or three years, SGC will grow even more here in Spain," Trap said politely to the old man on the other side.

SGC or Syquia Global Corporation, iyon ang pangalan ng Syquia Corporation sa ibang bansa.

The elderly man carefully took up one of the papers placed in front of him, maintaining a calm and cool manner. Despite his advanced age, he exuded a clear aura of authority. His furrowed brow eased as he carefully reviewed the contents of the folder. He had not expected to be granted this specific project, but he remained composed.

This grandson of him.

As the old man sat at the right side of the table, he felt a sense of admiration and awe wash over him as he took in the sight of his grandson before him. This young man was undeniably handsome, with chiseled features and a strong jawline that seemed to exude confidence and power. But it was Arem's aura that truly captured his attention—there was an unmistakable air of superiority that surrounded him, even though he was much younger. It was as if he possessed wisdom and experience beyond his years, which only served to further increase the older man's conflicting emotions. Taking a deep breath, he couldn't help but feel a sense of danger in the presence of his grandson.

"I won the bet, Mr. Chairman. Now, can I have my life back?" The young man asked arrogantly.

He looked distant and aloof.

The old man sighs.

"Arem, kailan mo ba ulit ako tatawaging lolo?" Sentimental na tanong ng matandang Syquia.

The young man raised his eyebrow. And he smiled sarcastically.

"Maybe... Never?" He said in a very unfriendly manner. "In the first place, you're the one who asked for this,"

Huminga ng malalim ang matanda.

"It's for your own good, Arem. Why can't you understand that I only did it to secure your future?" May galit na tanong ng matanda.

He's getting tired of this issue. Over the years, buong akala ng matanda ay mauunawaan ng kanyang apo ang ginawa niya noon. Pero sa halip na maintindihan nito kung bakit niya ito inilayo sa sarili nitong ina, mas lalo lang lumayo ang loob nito sa kanya.

"Wrong. Mr. Chairman, I strongly disagree with your statement that taking me away from my mother was for my own good. From my perspective, it was solely for your own interest. You didn't have my well-being in mind when you made that decision. You were motivated by your own selfish desires, without any regard for the impact it would have on my life," Arem said coldly.

"I refuse to be manipulated by your insistence that taking me away was for my good. I am not stupid, nor am I young. You cannot threaten me with anything. You did not consult me before making such a life-changing decision, and you have no idea what is good for me. Your only motive was to train me like a mad dog because you had no other options. Your business is falling apart, and I am the only one who can manage it. However, that does not give you the right to treat me like a commodity and take me away from my family and everything I know." Arem added.

The old man's eyes trembled.

It is the first time that this grandson of his talked to him this way.