Chapter 44

Third Person’s Point of View

Minulat ni Rain ang kaniyang mga mata nang maramdaman niya sa kaniyang balat ang bahagyang pag-ihip ng hangin at ang init na hatid ng araw. She was then taken aback when she saw the place where she’s in. She found herself sitting beneath the sheltering branches of a tree in the middle of a vast field on the academy grounds.

“I have a little sister..." Nilingon niya si Nathaniel at nakitang nakatingin ito sa kaniya ngunit wala siyang makitang emosyon mula sa mga mata nito. “But people took her away from us.”

“Why?” Sa ‘di malamang kadahilanan ay biglang bumigat ang pakiramdam niya.

Why does it feel like this has happened before?

“They said that we’re the children of the demon.”

As they sat side by side, their eyes met, and she found herself captivated by Nathaniel’s mesmerizing crimson gaze. There was something enchanting about it; it’s drawing her in like a moth to a flame.

Yet, as she continued to stare into his eyes, an unsettling feeling began to creep up within her. It was as if a dark shadow loomed over them, casting an ominous aura. She winced in discomfort when a sudden ache throbbed in her head. Alarmed, she reached out to him, desperate for an anchor in this unsettling moment.

But before she could touch him, an invisible force seized hold of her, yanking her downward with an irresistible pull. Panic flooded her senses as she felt herself being dragged away, her body tumbling through the air. The world around her blurred into a chaotic whirlwind as she plummeted towards an unknown destination.

Pinipilit niyang igalaw ang kaniyang katawan para sana iligtas ang kaniyang sarili ngunit hindi ito umubra. Kahit ang kaniyang mahika ay hindi rin lumalabas. Ngayon niya lang napansin na wala siyang maramdamang kahit anong enerhiya ng mahika sa loob niya kung kaya’t ang kabang kanina niya pa nararamdaman ay mas sumobra.

Suddenly, the sensation of gravity shifted, and Rain’s surroundings transformed. The suffocating weight of the air was replaced by the eerie embrace of water. She found herself submerged beneath the surface, surrounded by seawater. Panic surged through her veins once again as she struggled to breathe, her lungs begging for air.

“In her waters, deep and true
Lie the answers and a path for you…”

Sinubukan niyang ulit kontrolin ang kaniyang mahika ngunit hindi pa rin ito gumagana. Para bang nasa ibang mundo siya ngayon na walang mahika. Frantically, she began to swim upward, her arms slicing through the water with desperate determination. But no matter how hard she fought against the relentless pull of the mysterious force, she couldn’t break free from its clutches. The surface seemed impossibly distant, taunting her with its unattainable freedom.

As her body began to sink deeper, she closed her eyes, accepting her fate. The frantic beating of her heart gradually slowed. Numbness seeped into her limbs, as if the cold water had permeated her very being. The sensation was strangely comforting, like a gentle lullaby soothing her soul.

“Dive down deep into her sound
But not too far or you’ll be drowned…”

Just as hope began to dwindle, a sudden surge of energy surged through the water. It propelled her upwards, lifting her from the depths of the drowning abyss. With a gasp, she broke through the surface, her body crashing onto the water’s surface with a resounding splash.

Habol habol niya ang kaniyang hininga nang bigla na naman siyang hinatak ng isang malakas na puwersa. It brought her back to the academy. As she lay there, grasping for air, her heart pounding in her chest, she gazed around in bewilderment.