Chapter 51 | Fallen

Umalingawngaw ang halakhak ng Phantom Queen.

Naalarma ang lahat nang makita ang lahat ng pangyayari, kahit ang hari’t reyna na nakatanaw mula sa malayo ay hindi mapakali sa nasaksihan. Tila ba nawala ang tanging ilaw nila sa kadiliman.

Amidst the noise and chaos, the soldiers grew even more scared as the Phantom Queen laughed like a maniac. Her chilling cackle echoed like a haunting melody, making them feel like she had already won the war.

“M-Mae…” nanghihina ang boses ni Sky nang tawagin niya ang dalaga na para bang maririnig siya nito kahit na ang layo nito sa kaniya.

Dahan-dahan at mahina niyang inangat ang kaniyang katawan at saka paluhod na tinignan ang direksyon kung saan napadpad ang kaibigan. He is gasping for air, his lips parted and dripping with blood. His once pristine clothes were now stained with blood, matching the bruises and wounds that littered his body and face.

Biglang tumigil ang Phantom Queen at saka dahan-dahan siyang umangat sa ere gamit ang kaniyang mahika. She then flew towards where Trisha had landed.

“You’re still weak even in that state,” she said as she slowly drew closer to the mountain where Trisha lies. “Your eyes reminded me of someone I hate. That makes me want to destroy you even more.”

As the Phantom Queen soared through the air, her eyes scanning the rugged mountaintop below her in search of any sign of Trisha, But all she found was a heap of rocks and debris, concealing Trisha beneath its weight.

With a wicked grin, the Phantom Queen taunted Trisha even more. “I must say, you and Leon are quite the opposite of each other, for Leon is too proud of himself even though his power isn’t that powerful, and you...” she smirked. “A weak little girl who got the power that you don’t deserve.”

She scoffed. “I guess some apples do fall far from the tree.”

“Oh!” Bigla na naman siyang humalakhak. “But then there’s your mother—your sweet little bitch of a mother—Arcadia.”

Dahan-dahang bumaba ang Phantom Queen sa harapan ng mga bato. Wasak ang kapaligiran at ang anyo ng bundok ay tila ba nagbago at naging isang bulkan dahil sa naging butas sa tuktok nito, kung saan taas nuong nakatayo ang Phantom Queen.

As the Phantom Queen stood upon the mountain peak, the air around her suddenly shifted, heralding the approach of strong winds. With a fierce intensity, the gusts swept towards her, whipping at her dark cloak and causing her long, ebony hair to dance wildly around her. Her garments billowed and fluttered in the tempest, the fabric swirling around her like the shadows of a dark storm.

Taas nuo siyang lumapit sa mga bato, habang matatalim ang mga matang nakatingin doon. “Your mother was only a hostess in a brothel before your father, a lord, bought her and married her,” matalim na saad niya. “You thought that your mother was sweet and all that. Well, you’re wrong. Ang ina mo ang dahilan ng pagkamatay ng aking anak. She was a murderer and a bitch long before I turned into what you call a monster!”

Mapait siyang ngumiti at mas lalong tumalim ang kaniyang mga mata. “When my king is free, we will conquer this world and the world beyond, and weak people like you don’t have a place in our worlds.” An evil smirk then formed as shadows swirled around her. “House Gardner does not deserve to live in both worlds. I will be the one to end you—”

Suddenly, the rocks surrounding them began to stir, defying gravity as if pulled by an unseen force. Before the Phantom Queen could react, Trisha’s hand reached her nape, yanking her down as Trisha emerged from the debris.