Orphic #7

I was carrying Hange towads the dormitory building with their hand around my shoulder to keep their balance, preventing potential tripping or falling. Their gaze was stuck to the pavement, little stones reflecting gentle moonlight.
Their breath hitching every now and then as silence surrounded us. Gentle wind was blowing against our backs, causing us to shiver.

No words dared to be exchanged. The only thing on my mind were the words Hange said back in the car.
I was never good with feelings, and I was constantly reminded of that around Hange. I don't ever know what to feel around them. Yes, they do make me nervous and emotionally accepted in every human way possible. But i wouldn't call it liking, nor would i call it love.
A name for it would be love starved.
I was love starved.

The reason being, i never got much attention from anyone back in the underground. I've only ever had a few boyfriends and a single girlfriend, but they never lasted long. It was mostly just me wanting attention.

Hange, however, is different. They're never pressuring me with anything. They'd never kiss me without consent, which has happened thousands of times in the underground. They've never made me uncomfortable or anything like that. Which draws me in even more makes me crave every little drop of love they send my way. Every stare and every word feels so good it's unbearable.

As me and Hange finally reached our dorm, I slightly reached for the door handle, gently pushing it forward.

I slightly gasped as I saw Connie laying on the couch with Sasha going through every cabinet in our dorm in search of whatever occupied her mind.

"What the actual fuck?!" i screamed. Sasha stared at me wide-eyed, causing Connie to laugh hysterically.

I sat on the couch next to Connie, putting Hange's head on my lap, awaiting an explanation on why they were robbing us.

"One of you dumbasses forgot your keys at my place during the party, and we decided to come over and surprise you." Connie explained in between laughs. "But Sasha got hungry while waiting."

"You guys have no food." She said, causing me to roll my eyes.

"It's literally midnight. Please don't tell me you plan on staying over."
I sighed, seating myself on the couch, gently placing Hange's head on my lap.

"Well, we were, but Sasha will die of starvation if she doesn't find something."

"I found cereal!" Sasha raised her hands, victorious.

She sat down on the carpet in front of the couch, eating raw cereal. Hange was already sound asleep on my lap, snoring lightly.

"So...Y/N," Connie called me, smiling ear to ear. "What's with you and Hange acting all lovey dovey"

Sasha giggled as I frantically tried explaining myself. "Nothing, nothing, we just got close really fast, you know?"

"Okay, okay, just know I bet Sasha 10 dollars you two like eachother"

"Shut up, Connie," I said, slapping him across the forehead. Sasha burst out laughing, causing Hange to wake up.

"What...?" Hange murmured, looking around confused. Their sleepy voice entered my ears, as rose colour formed on my cheeks. I looked down on them, rubbing their eyes gently, still a bit tipsy.

"Hange!" Sasha screamed, placing the empty cereal bag on the ground.
She ruffled their hair and said, "Wake up, sleeping beauty we have things to talk about."

Sasha's teasing caused chuckles to surround the whole room. The atmosphere was warm and welcoming as my friends and I were as joyful as ever.

"Like what?" Hange asked, sitting up.