Eesome #10

As Levi, Erwin, and I made our way to the bar for our first drink of the party, the LED lights throughout the house illuminated distinct objects in the expansive living room. People were dancing, having fun, and genuinely enjoying themselves. The room was illuminated with a deep blue and purple blend.

Sounds of joy and drunken laughter surrounded our trio in a four-walled prison, yet we remained carefree and cheerful. The music on the radio was "Glass Table Girls" by The Weekend. Everyone was singing at the top of their lungs, causing Levi to jolt from time to time when passing a group of scream singers.

Upon arriving at the bar area, we were relieved to find it quieter than the rest of the house. People here were seemingly calmer, awaiting their drinks, with a look of impatience, probably excited to go back to their groups and continue dancing or singing.

As Erwin and I sat at the bar, I couldn't help but notice that Levi wasn't all that excited about drinking. Although I could have assumed it was because he was the designated driver for the night and wasn't allowed to get drunk, that couldn't be the case, given he had no driver's license yet.

"Yo, Levi!" I raised my voice so it would break through the loud music. His eyes focused on me, curious as to why he was called. "You drinking tonight?" I asked with raised eyebrows.

"I don't know if they've even washed those cups." He rolled his eyes and looked disgusted. That germophobe.

"Ay, clean freak!" The bartender and Erwin both laughed, but not at the expense of Levi. "We do wash them," the man behind the bar said.

Levi just stared blankly and shrugged. "Still, it's a no."

"Suit yourself," Erwin said as he began ordering two virgin mojitos for him and I, assuming I wasn't going to be picky, which he guessed right. The bartender went to the mixing area and began doing his job silently. Erwin was having some kind of playful conversation with my brother as I wasn't paying much attention but rather zoning out and mumbling the song's lyrics, patiently awaiting my drink.

It wasn't that long of a wait, given that two minutes had barely passed, and the nice-looking bartender was already sliding our cups across the bar plot. As he went over to his next customer with a slow walking pace, he left just our trio sitting alone in one of the bar's corners.

I took a small sip from my drink as I awaited its sudden hit. It did not disappoint, making me scrunch my nose as the alcoholic drink set into my bloodstream. "How's the mojito?" Levi asked, looking my way with a tilt of his head.

"Pretty good," I said. "Want a sip?"

He rolled his eyes and then nodded with a slight smirk on his lips as I handed him the cup. He took it eagerly and started sipping it, but soon made a funny face, experiencing the same hit that I did a minute ago. He smirked, clearly enjoying the taste but refusing to ingest more.

As Levi passed back my cup, I caught a glimpse of somebody entering the bar area. It was Annie.
Her blonde hair was swaying from side to side as she was walking. Her eyes were squinted from all the flashing lights.

She made her way over to the bar and called out the bartender, not noticing our trio. She sat on a bar stool and suddenly turned her head in my direction. A sudden look of surprise, evident on her face as a slight smirk made it's on her plump lips.

"And what's a beauty like you doing here, Y/N?" She said, keeping eye contact with me. I felt Levi shifting his weight over to me in a protective manner, eyeing Annie with his peripheral vision.

"Just enjoying the first drink of the night with Erwin and Levi." I smiled, enjoying her company. Her intimidating gaze hovered over the two figures around me, observing them quickly before shifting back to me.