Petrichor #8

As me and Hange made our way to the main campus building with little distance between us, we both looked up at the sun, which was shining ever so brightly. Judging by the coulds far off east, today was going to be a rainy day. Nevertheless, I was glad the day didn't start off with rain, giving I've put a lot of time in fixing my hair for it to look presentable. Hange, on the other hand, was in their usual messy half-up style that never failed to catch the eye. I wasn't their secret admirer or anything, nothing like that. It was more of just paying attention to their beauty and how their hair appeared golden under the rays of gentle sunlight. Plus, messy hair suited them, being the messy person they were.

You always found it adorable how yours and Hange's dorm was e perfect mixture of organisation and messiness. They were always messy, from what they've shared about their childhood, when I was taught to be organised, or rather, forced into being by Levi.

When we both entered the building, chatters and laughs completed the set atmosphere, to which everybody was slowly getting adapted. I caught a glimpse of Levi trying to get past a group of third years, I grabbed Hange by the wrist and quickly caught up to him.

"Good morning!" I cheered, grabbing his attention.

"Hello, oh and hi Hange." He said, still a bit sleepy.

"Damn Levi, did you get enough sleep?" Hange asked, noticing the eyebags under his eyes.

"He never does." I mumbled with a slight chuckle underneath my breath.

"Yeah." He answered,"or at least I was supposed to before Erwin decided to get black-out drunk.

"He's done that many times with me. You always have to tend him, yeah?" Hange laughed.

Levi just nodded and looked my way.

"How about you? Have you been sleeping okay?"

"Yeah. Hange doesn't get that drunk."
I answered, still a bit concerned about Levi's lack of sleep.

"You mean I don't get drunk at all. Last night, I was barely tipsy!" Hange whined.

"Sober enough to stay on your own two feet? To me, it seemed like you weren't." I smirked, causing them to roll their eyes.

Me and my twin chuckled at their behaviour and finally arrived in the classroom. Us three ended up having the same lectures throughout the whole day. shared stories with each other, and I began to notice Levi getting adjusted to Hange. I had high hopes of them becoming best friends, giving the perfect dynamic brewing. The grumpy and sunshine some call it.

Nothing brought more happiness than seeing my brother get adapted to someone, which made me think back to Erwin, who seems to have a lot of control over Levi.

"Y/N?" Hange called.

"Huh? Yeah, what's up?" I snapped out of my trance.

"Me and Levi were planning to go to the cafe, wanna tag along?" They asked, putting a hand on my shoulder.

"Sure? Is Bertholdt working?"

"Yeah, he might be," Hange answered.

"Good, he makes really good coffee."

"Yo Levi!" Hange called out. "What are you getting?"

"Tea?" He answered bluntly

"Dont like coffee?"

"Yeah, not my thing." He responded, cutting the conversation short, like he'd usually do.

"Hange?" I gently called out.

"Whats up?"

"Tomorrow's Ymir's birthday. How bout we match outfits?" I suggested, nervous of how they'd respond.