Chapter 4: The Chunin Exams (Part 2)

Satoshi's p.o.v

"Tell me why Satoshi can't participate in the second exam again.." my brother asked the Hokage.

My team and I were just watching the whole thing play out. Apparently Lord Third thinks I should skip this test due to being an extra member which is unfair to others and that I'm too skilled to even attempt on going against the genins. I was mentally smiling at this because I already know Lord Third wouldn't really care what my level was and would allow me to do this with my team.

"Satoshi is too skilled for this test. He would get the scrolls far too quickly and that would be unfair. Besides, you have a team of four, it is best for it to be a three man team for the second part of the exam. Surely you can spare a child." he said.

"But it doesn't make any sense. Satoshi would go up against the children anyway in the third part. Surely that would be called unfair as well, so why not just let him be in the second part?" my brother said.

The Hokage sighed. "Fine.. but! He will do this test solo."

"What?! Lord Third be reasonable! He may be skilled but I don't think he shoul-"

"I'll do it." I said, interrupting my brother.

"Satoshi, do you even know what's in that forest!" my brother lectured. "There are many-"

"I know what's in that forest nii-san. Don't take me so lightly." I said, narrowing my eyes a bit.

"Are you stupid?" Sasuke whispered in my ear.

"Nope, just insane." I replied.

"It's settled then. Now, dismissed." the Hokage said.

My brother heavily sighed as we all left the Hokage building.

"Why did you accept to do it alone Satoshi.." my brother said.

"How about worrying about yourself. I can handle the second part of the exam on my own." 

"Satoshi-kun..." 

"Are you doubting my skills Sakura?" I said with a slight glare.

"N-No! Of course not Satoshi-kun! It's just that.. you could get hurt." she said.

"Tsk, I won't get hurt... my level surpasses far more than yours." I said a bit irritated.

"HEY! DON'T SAY THAT TO SAKURA-CHAN! SHE'S ONLY WORRIED ABOUT YOU!" Naruto shouted.

"Urusai.. she shouldn't even be worrying about me in the first place. What she should be worrying about is her own training instead of fawning over boys." I snapped. 

Naruto growled. "I SWEAR YOU AND SASUKE ARE SUCH PRICKS! YOU GUYS ALWAYS THINK YOU'RE ABOVE EVERYONE ELSE!"

"Then maybe you should get good kid." I said and walked off. 

I had my hands stuffed in my pockets and glared at the ground as I walked. I felt a little angry and sighed. 

'So that's why Naruto dislikes me... if I hadn't had to do this mission, I would've at least help train him. Who knows, we could've been great friends.'

-----------

Today was the day of the exams and our proctor for the exam was Anko and she had explained what we would be dealing with the inside of the Forest of Death. Anko gave me an earth scroll while I walked towards the furthest gate to keep my distance from my team and any other people I had dealt with in the past. I turn around and grabbed a pebble on the ground and secretly use the transformation jutsu onto it making it look exactly like my earth scroll.