Chapter 17: I Just Wanted to Buy Food

Satoshi's p.o.v

The story of the Akatsuki spread throughout the five great nations. They still don't have a conclusion of why we're collecting these tailed beasts... but that won't make them protect these jinchuriki's. Such a shame.. treated like monsters their whole life, only to die in the end.

Today was a day from missions. We were to stay low after that extraction for a few days. So I decided that I was going to enjoy myself before we have to go back to our normal schedule. I removed my cloak and folded it neatly onto my bed and wore the clothed I'd normally wear under it. I wore a short sleeved fishnet shirt with a charcoal colored short sleeve shirt. I also wore the standard gray sweats with the usual white leg warmers and black ninja sandals.

I was going to go to a neighboring village, which is Tanigakure. It was a peaceful village, and conveniently, our base was nearby seeing that we were technically in the Land of Rivers. I casually made my way out of the hideout and began my peaceful walk. It's nice to be alone for awhile, especially, when you don't feel Madara's chakra signature nearby.

I stretched arms and gave a slight yawn. I should probably buy food for the hideout while I'm there.

Sasuke's p.o.v

Orochimaru, Kabuto, and I were in the Takigakure looking for a book they needed. We've been here for a few days and I was left to do my own things. However, there is nothing to do in this village. I've explored every inch of this place and I see anything special about it. I sighed out of frustration as to why I had to tag along with them.

I decided that I was just going to go train in the forest near the outskirt of the village. Might as well make use of the time I have right?

I made my way towards the entrance of the village which required me to pass all the shops. Nothing seemed really interesting about the items since they've been selling the same stuff since I've been here. However, I still looked around the shops around me out of pure boredom.

But I was glad I had, because there was Satoshi holding four bags of groceries, two bags on each arm. I looked at him in curiosity. He wasn't wearing his Akatsuki cloak... I guess he doesn't want these people to know who he is. I made my way over to my old friend and placed my hand on his shoulder. Satoshi turned around and immediately scowled at my presence.

"What do you want, Uchiha." he said harshly.

'Uchiha..? Have we really grown apart?' I thought to myself sadly.

"Is it so wrong to greet an old friend?" I said.

"We aren't friends." he spat. "We're enemies! We work for different people, and I shouldn't have to remind you about that!"

"If we're enemies, then spar with me." I said.

"Spar? This isn't a friendly competition, Uchiha." he spat.

"Fight me in the forest, or fight me right here on this very street. Your choice..." I said.

He looked at me irritated, but sighed in defeat afterwards.

"Fine, but I'm just going to defeat you in the end... as always." he said cockily.

"Hn, don't be so cocky, Hatake."

'So he still likes to accept a challenge, huh?'

The two of us raced towards the forest and into a clearing. Satoshi put his groceries in a secure spot before standing before me.

"Your eyes.." I said. "Activate them!"

"You must want a fast fight." he mocked. "Activating my eyes makes me feel like I'm abusing you."

"I said activate your damn eyes!" I shouted activating my Sharingan.

"You must want to die early.." he said.

He then activated his eyes and I immediately got into a fight stance. He has to use chakra to activate his eyes as well, so hopefully my Sharingan picks up that chakra and I'll be able to predict where he'll be.

"Your eyes won't work, baka." he said. "Your eyes may be able to pick up chakra and the fast motions of someone weaving a hand sign... but you can't predict where I'll be. That.. I can guarantee you."

"Tsk, whatever!"

I watched Satoshi closely, and he suddenly vanished. The way his chakra went, he went to my left. However, I can see what he means that I won't be able to predict his moves. From my perspective, it's as if his chakra delays.. so when I try to follow where he went, I get hit. This is so frustrating! It's those stupid eyes of his!

"I'm getting tired of this!" I said.

I surged electricity around my body, which was damaging my body as well. But I did it! I landed a hit on Satoshi and he was electrocuted. I then stopped the electricity as Satoshi rubbed his left arm.

"Impressive, you hit me as soon as I was about to land a hit." he said. "But I have to end this fight... I don't want the food to spoil."

He suddenly appeared in front of me and was about to hit my pressure point, but I quickly blocked it and punched him back a few feet. Satoshi fell onto his back and stood up looking quite angry.

"I didn't expect that to happen, but this definitely has to end.. now."

This time, Satoshi was coming at full speed. It was as if the speed before was nothing. My Sharingan could barely follow it and keep him in my line of sight.

"Looks like I win again!" he said.

I was then hit very hard on my neck making me lose consciousness.

"Maybe next time... we won-"

Is all I heard from Satoshi, before I fully blacked out. Damn you Satoshi.. now that I know how you truly feel, there will not be a greeting.

Satoshi's p.o.v

I hit Sasuke in his pressure point trying to end the fight. I had to hurry and end the fight because I felt Madara getting closer. If he found out I knew there was someone here, he'd force me to kill them. I can't do that to Sasuke, so I hope one day he'll understand what I'm doing for him.

"Maybe next time... we won't face each other as enemies, but as friends once more." I said.

I then leaned his body up against a tree as I quickly gathered my groceries. I then scurried away from the scene and casually strolled onto the path to leave the village. My body tensed as I felt Madara's chakra signature getting closer than before. It wasn't long before he stood in front of me with an angered look yet with a hint of curiosity.

"Is this where you've been?" he asked sternly.

"Of course, the place was running low on food so I took the liberty to buy some." I answered.

"Hm.." he said, narrowing his eyes at me. "Fine, but please tell Pein where you go before you leave. I can't have you going missing." he said.

"Of course... Leader-sama." I said.

He then places his arm onto my shoulder and used his kamui to take us to the outside of the base.

"I could have walked..." I said bluntly.

"The faster you're back, the faster you can stay away from threats. Those eyes are too important, especially with your newly found powers." he said.

"I understand, Leader-sama."

"Good, and by the way, I will be joining you shortly.."

"Whe-"

"Dismissed."

He then left me there before I could even ask him when he was going to be joining his organization. But for some reason, I can't help but feel that I'm going to be even more afraid of him than how I am now.