Chapter 6: New Partner

~Third Person~

As Kakashi watched his little brother leave with an Akatsuki member, he couldn't move. He didn't know what to think of it... did his little brother leave because of him? Did he drive his brother to the dark? Kakashi was confused. Not too long ago, his little brother wanted to bring peace within the five nations. He had even thought that talk on the roof with him was enough to make his brother happy. Actually, that moment was pretty confusing to him as well.

~Flash Back (Kakashi's p.o.v)~

I walked into my apartment to see if my brother was here. He seemed pretty unhappy lately. I'm not sure why, but I want to understand why he is. I look throughout the rooms and seen he was no where to be found. I then thought to think to go to the roof, he use to always go up there to be alone and recollect his thoughts. I leave the apartment and jumped up, and there he was just sitting on the roof. I felt a pang in my heart when I saw him stare blankly at the setting sky. Satoshi was hugging his knees as I took a seat beside him.

"What are you doing up here Satoshi?" I asked.

"To be quite honest... I don't know." he mumbled quietly. 

A silent pause came in a few minutes. Satoshi then leaned his head on my shoulder as his hands supported his weight. 

"Nii-san..." Satoshi mumbled.

"Yes?"

"I just want to let you know... no matter what happens, I will always love you. You're the best big brother, I could ever ask for." he said with a slight frown.

Kakashi chuckled. "And I will always love you too Satoshi. I promise no matter what, I will always protect you from harm." I said wrapping my arm around his neck.

"Yeah..." he said with a sad expression.

~End of Flash Back (Still Kakashi's p.o.v)~

I still find it odd... but I don't know what he meant by that. 

"Kakashi." Gai said, shaking me a bit.

"Huh? Yes?" 

"Are you all right?" he asked.

"Yeah... I'm fine.

Gai's eyes softened at me knowing I was lying. "Well, the others were brought back safely. They're now in the hospital getting treated. Also, Lord Third has fallen..."

"I see..." I said, avoiding his gaze. "I'll go visit my students in the hospital."

He nodded his head as I made my way to the hospital. I then went to Sasuke's room to see he was bandaged a bit, but nothing too serious. I sighed as I ran my fingers through my head and sat down.

'How is he going to take the news that Satoshi is gone now?'

I heard a quiet groan and I looked up to see Sasuke was coming conscious. He rubbed his head and noticed he had a visitor. He looked my way and waited for what I was going to say.

"I'm glad you're okay Sasuke, as you were away... Lord Third has passed." I said.

He nodded his head still staying impassive.

"Also... Satoshi..."

This time Sasuke clenched his blankets a bit probably wondering what had happened to him.

"He defected from the village. He was last seen walking with a member of an Akatsuki." I said.

I watched as Sasuke clench his blankets tighter and gritted his teeth. He then breathed in and out to calm himself down.