Chapter 22: Feelings of Hearts Change Quickly

~Third person~

It was raining outside early in the morning. Maasaki and Madara had been plotting their plans before the sun has risen and soon departed. The others had gone out on missions. Except for Pein and Konan of course, they had been in Amegakure to check up on the village.

Although, before leaving, he had also assigned both Maasaki and Satoshi to do yet another retrieval mission. The mission was located in the final valley where they had to bring back an important artifact that was somewhere buried underground.

"Oh man, I'm so excited!" Maasaki said happily.

"Why is that..?" Satoshi asked bluntly.

"We're going treasure hunting! This is like the first mission, we ever did as partners!"

"I'm surprised you even remember that far back." Satoshi scoffed.

"That's mean.." Maasaki pouted.

"You're just easy to make fun of." Satoshi said with a slight smile.

Maasaki watched Satoshi in shock. He had seen a faint smile on him, which was, of course, rare.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Satoshi asked confused.

"Oh, nothing!" Maasaki said quickly.

"Well, whatever, we're getting close to our destination, so watch out for our surroundings." Satoshi warned.

"I will!"

However Satoshi didn't notice the evil glint in Maasaki's eyes. He was ready for blood to finally be spilled.

"What is this artifact we're getting exactly?" Satoshi asked.

Maasaki shrugged his shoulders. "Not sure, but Leader-sama said it's highly important for our plans."

"I dislike how he never tells us what it ever looks like. How are we supposed to know that it is what we're truly looking for?" Satoshi said irritated.

"Ha-ha, that's the Akatsuki for ya!" Maasaki said with his goofy smile.

"Hm.. I gue-"

"WE'RE HERE!" Maasaki screamed happily.

Maasaki began to run towards it, leaving Satoshi shaking his head.

"Slow down!" Satoshi shouted. "It's still raining! You're going to slip!"

"But Satoshi! The faster we get it, the faster we go back!" he whined.

"Maasaki..." Satoshi said sternly.

"Fine.." Maasaki pouted.

"This is going to be difficult to find... the dirt is muddy so we won't know where exactly it could have been buried." Satoshi said.

"Hm.."

Maasaki watched the white haired boy try and figure out a spot of where to dig up first. The loud pattering of the heavy rain hitting against their straw hats and getting their cloaks soaked. Satoshi walked around marking spots that could be a potential spot to dig up. Maasaki narrowed his eyes at the boy and took out a kunai.

'Your life ends here Satoshi...'

Maasaki tossed his hat to the ground running towards Satoshi and leaped into the air ready to pierce him, but it was as if Satoshi knew his moves and easily blocked the blow from the blue haired boy. The loud clink from their kunai's pressed against each other as Satoshi slowly raised his head. His eyes glint while he removed his hat with his free hand. He threw his hat to the muddy ground eyeing his partner.