Chapter 16: Extracting the One-Tailed Beast

~Third Person~

"Why do we have to tag along?" Maasaki asked.

Maasaki, Satoshi, and Zetsu were in Pein's office. They were told to spy on Sasori and Deidara's mission of gathering the one-tailed beast.

"I agree, Zetsu is the one who normally spies on the battles." Satoshi said.

"Yes, but you will also be back-up.. this tailed beast is a Kazekage, there is surely to be plenty of shinobi's after those two." Pein explained.

"Aww man! I don't wanna..." Maasaki whined. "That shouldn't really be our problem.. I mean they're in the Akatsuki for a reason."

"You will do as you are told Maasaki." Pein said. 

"Fine.." he mumbled.

"Where are they now exactly?" Satoshi asked.

"They should be at Suna already, so I suggest you two to be waiting for them where the sealing is going to take place." Pein said.

"I thought we were suppose to be spying as well..." Maasaki deadpanned.

"You will... that is why you'll be finding a secure place by the sealing and hide there. You will do the sealing in the hologram jutsu. So once the sealing is complete, keep a close eye on those two.. mainly Deidara." Pein explained.

"Why Deidara?" Satoshi asked.

"You and I both know he can fight a bit.. sloppy." he said.

"Oh.. I see."

"Now, you three, go to your destinations, dismissed."

Zetsu disappeared under the ground as Satoshi held onto Maasaki's shoulder and zapped them to where the sealing will take place. 

"This is going to be boring!" Maasaki whined. "It's going to be a day or two for them to reach here!"

"Is there a time where you stop complaining?" Satoshi said irritated.

"Yes... when I'm asleep!" 

"Then go to sleep.."

"Maybe I will!" Maasaki said.

'Finally... peace and quiet.'

Satoshi's p.o.v

Maasaki walked behind a boulder and sprawled out onto the ground. I lightly shook my head at him. 

"I'm going to patrol outside, I'll warn you when they're near." I said.

"Yeah, yeah, go ahead." he yawned. "I'll be here."

I walked opened up the boulder and closed it behind me. I walked a few feet away from the cave and walked around. 

'I hope they get here soon... there is only so much I can handle of Maasaki's constant whining..'

-----------

"Will you shut up!" I whispered.

Maasaki kept trying to make small talk with me...

"Sorry!" Maasaki said.

It had been only a day we were at our spot. Sasori and Deidara had the tailed beast with them while Zetsu was rejoined with the two of us. There was then a call from the our leader and Maasaki and I closed our eyes.

"It's time to extract the beast..." Leader-sama said. "Masaaki, Satoshi, you two will use the bodies of our recruits if Zetsu finds anything of threat."

"Hai.. Leader-sama." we both said.

Maasaki and I watched the others extract the beast from the Kazekage. It looked pretty interesting.. it was like some ghostly thing was exiting his body.