Chapter 7: Friend or Foe?

Satoshi's p.o.v

It has been three weeks since Maasaki joined the organization. He's pretty great to have around this depressing place, but of course I won't ever admit it to him. He loves to talk a lot, which keeps me entertained, even though I tend to pretend I'm not listening to him by reading my book. However, he doesn't seem to care if I don't listen or care for it, he just wanted company. Just like what he's doing right now. He's been going on and on about what stupid things he did as a kid. I found it pretty funny, but you won't see a small smile coming from me, nor a slight chuckle. 

As Maasaki kept on talking, a knock was heard on our door. I got up with my book in hand and opened it without looking at the person before me.

"He's joined Orochimaru.. I thought you would like to know." 

I slightly gripped my book tighter, but held an impassive face.

"Thank you Itachi." I said.

He nodded his head and left. I closed my door and casually walked back to my bed.

"Who joined Orochimaru?" Maasaki asked.

"Don't worry about it." I replied.

"But it sounds interesting." he whined.

"Ito, what did I say about that tongue?" I said not looking at him.

From the corner of my eyes, I have seen that Maasaki quickly covered his mouth and remained silent. I sighed as I shook my head at the blue haired idiot, yet I couldn't help but have a ghostly smile appear on my face.

'If only you knew I considered you as a friend, ha-ha.'

Sasuke's p.o.v

Three weeks in this dim lighted cave and new clothing. I was being trained by Orochimaru. I'll learn everything I can here and kill him once I can no longer learn anything else. I'll use this new power to destroy Itachi once and for all. However, I'm not entirely sure what I'll do if I ever encounter Satoshi. He's my best friend... but he's on the enemy team. He could even try to kill me. I won't risk that chance, but do I have it in me to even lay a scratch on him?

God damn it! Satoshi why the hell did you join the organization where that beast is?! I swear you're so stupid! I then punched the wall next to me full of anger. I don't understand you anymore! 

"You okay in there? I heard a loud thump." Kabuto said from the other side of the door.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I replied.

After I had said that, I heard his footsteps leave my front door. I then heavily sighed and lay on my bed. Why did you leave Satoshi? I was going to ask you to leave with me, but I guess you had other plans. We never even got to hang out as soon as we came back from that escort mission. What exactly was that special mission Lord Third gave you before he died? Did that change how you acted? 

There's so much secrecy in you that it's beginning to frustrate me! I just want my best friend back. The one who would always make excuses when he accidentally comes late. The one who calls me out if I have the faintest smile on my face when you say something stupid. Where is that Satoshi? I sighed, I guess I'll see where our friendship stands when we meet again...