Chapter 26: Brotherly Love

~Third person~

Sasuke had made his way towards the battle field as Satoshi and Maasaki stayed behind to talk about forming a plan with just the two of them. Sasuke felt a little left out, but he trusts Satoshi with his plans. 

"Sasuke?" Ino said, shocked. "Sasuke!"

She tried to run towards the ravened haired male, but Shikamaru held her back. 

"We don't know where he stands Ino, for all we know, he could still be dangerous." he said.

Everyone eyed Sasuke as he ignored their eyes and looked towards Naruto.

"A lot of things happened, but I decided to protect the village anyways." he said. "And then... I will.. become the next Hokage."

"EH?!" everyone shouted.

"YOU CAN'T JUST GO ROUGE AND TRY TO COME BACK TO THE VILLAGE AND CLAIM THAT YOU WILL BECOME THE NEXT HOKAGE AFTER ALL YOU'VE DONE!" Kiba shouted.

"Being Hokage isn't about your-"

"Ohayou.." a voice interrupted Sasuke.

"Satoshi, it's the afternoon." another voice said.

"Oh..." Satoshi muttered. ".. Kon'nichiwa there, is that better?"

"Yup!"

'Idiots..' Sasuke thought to himself.

"Is that.. Satoshi?" Sakura asked.

"And there's an Akatsuki member!" Kiba said.

Everyone got into a fighting stance besides Sasuke, Naruto, and Sakura. They eyed both of them as if they would attack at any second.

"I don't know about you Maasaki... but I feel a lot of hostility towards us." Satoshi said.

"Well, that's not very nice.." Maasaki pouted. "And here we are trying to help."

"Help us?" Shikamaru said. "You're both members of the Akatsuki!"

"This is unbelievable!" Kiba said. "First Sasuke who went rouge who now wants to be Hokage, but now two members of the Akatsuki wants to help us? I don't understand any of this!"

"You don't have to understand, just accept it." Satoshi said. "Besides, you're going to need all the help you can get."

"I can trust Satoshi.. a bit, but I don't trust that blue haired guy!" Kiba exclaimed.

"Maasaki can help us."

All of a sudden a kunai was heading straight towards Maasaki. They were aiming it between his eyes until it was deflected by Satoshi. Satoshi now stood in front of Maasaki and won't allow anyone to harm him. 

"I assure you, Maasaki is on our side." Satoshi said.

Maasaki blushed a bit of how Satoshi was defending him. But he doesn't know why he was blushing, perhaps it was because he was embarrassed.

"I don't trust him!" Choji said. "He could attack us when our backs are turned!"

"I agree with Choji." Ino said. "I love you Satoshi, but I'm not sure about this guy."

"No Maasaki, no me.." Satoshi said sternly.

'Oh man, my face feels like a tomato! He's really trying to defend me! I can't!' Maasaki thought to himself. 'I'm not a child!'

Maasaki covered his face with his arm and allowed his sleeve to hide his face.

"You okay Maasaki?" Satoshi asked.