4. The Engagement

Scene 1

Thomas woke up in the unfamiliar farm house, his head pounding from the inability to smoke freely. The absence of the usual comforting routine intensified his disorientation.

As he blinked away sleep, he instinctively looked to the side, only to panic when he realized Charlie wasn't beside him.
The room seemed to close in as he hurriedly sat up, surveying the empty space with a mix of alarm and confusion.

Without bothering to fully dress, he hastily left the room, scanning the unfamiliar hallways.
Anxiety surged as he checked each room, the tension escalating with every empty space he encountered. The silence of the house added to the gravity of the situation, and Thomas's mind raced with worst-case scenarios, Charlie was probably kidnapped.

After searching indoors with growing desperation, he rushed outside, now fully aware of the gravity of the situation. The engagement day, meant to solidify an alliance, took a sudden turn into a personal crisis as Thomas frantically scanned the farm grounds.

As Thomas continued his search, he muttered to himself.

Thomas: Can't leave him alone for a second. Damn this place and its rules.

Scene 2

Thomas, gripped by a surge of relief and frustration, heard Charlie's unmistakable giggle emanating from the stables. He followed the sound, his heart still pounding from the scare.

 He followed the sound, his heart still pounding from the scare

Entering the stables, Thomas witnessed an unexpected scene. Asya, with Charlie perched on her lap, was in the midst of milking a cow. Charlie, finding the entire situation utterly amusing, giggled with delight as he played with the tiny streams of milk.

 Charlie, finding the entire situation utterly amusing, giggled with delight as he played with the tiny streams of milk

Asya, completely engrossed in entertaining Charlie, cooed at the one-year-old.

Asya: Oh, Charlie, you're a natural with the animals, aren't you? Look at you, such a brave little gentleman.

Thomas, his temper reaching a boiling point, roared.

Thomas: What the bloody hell do you think you're doing?!