17. A f...mistake ?

Scene 1

Asya stirred from her slumber, as she remembered the intimate night they had shared, acontented smile graced her lips as she opened her eyes.

But it quickly faded when she saw the empty bedside. Thomas, who had been there, was now gone.

A sigh escaped her lips, a tinge of disappointment at waking up alone. She sat up, running a hand through her tousled hair, the sheets cascading around her, and scanned the room as if hoping to find a trace of him.

Scene 2

With the refreshing bath, she walked into the kitchen. With a wide smile on her face, she greeted the maids and put a cheese into her mouth.

Asya: (cheerful) Good morning

Their eyes caught the glow on her face, and a curiosity lingered in the air

Asya: Any idea where Mr. Shelby might be this fine morning?

Mary: He's in his office, ma'am.

Asya, undeterred, continued her morning routine, subtly pressing for more information.

Asya: Ah, the mysterious Mr. Shelby in his sanctuary. Well, I suppose I'll go pay him a visit then. Can't have him missing out on the delights of the morning, can we?

She prepared a delightful Turkish breakfast. Fresh bread, a variety of cheeses, olives, tomatoes, cucumbers, honey, jams, and, of course, a pot of strong Turkish tea.

The maids, hovered around, offering assistance.

Mary: Mrs. Shelby, please let us do it.

However, Asya, humming a cheerful tune, insisted.

Asya: It's alright, ladies. I've got this. Consider it a little surprise for Mr. Shelby.

She couldn't wait to share this surprise with her husband.

Scene 3

In his office, Thomas Shelby sat quietly, staring at a picture on his desk. The photo was of Grace. He looked lost in thought, thinking about the events of the previous night.