16. So close to you

Scene 1

In Asya's room, the next day bustled with chaotic energy. The air was filled with the rustling of fabrics, the sound of pins being dropped, and the chatter of the tailor and her assistant. Asya, standing amidst the whirlwind, wore a look of annoyance that matched the disorder around her.

 Asya, standing amidst the whirlwind, wore a look of annoyance that matched the disorder around her

Tailor: (excitedly) Oh, Mrs. Shelby, this fabric is exquisite. It will complement your beauty perfectly.

Asya: (irritated) Just make sure I can move in it. I don't want to feel like I'm wearing a cage.

Assistant: And what about accessories, ma'am? A stunning necklace, perhaps?

Asya: (dismissively) I'm not in the mood for unnecessary glitter. Keep it simple.

Tailor: But simplicity can be elegant, my lady

Asya: (sarcastically) Yes, elegant. Just what I'm aiming for.

The tailor continued her measurements. Meanwhile, the assistant fumbled with an array of jewelry, trying to find something that suited Asya's taste.

Assistant: How about this bracelet, ma'am? It's subtle but adds a touch of sophistication.

Asya: (impatiently) Fine, whatever. Just make it quick.

Tailor: My lady, Mr. Shelby insisted that you have whatever you desire for the ball. Your wishes are our command.

Asya, growing more annoyed by the minute, raised an eyebrow.

Asya: Is that so? Well, my wish is to get this over with as quickly as possible.

Assistant: But we want you to look stunning, ma'am. Mr. Shelby will be proud to have you on his arm.

Asya: (sarcastically) I'm sure he'll be thrilled. Now, let's get this done. I have no interest in parading around like a peacock.

Tailor: Perhaps a gown in a vibrant color would suit the occasion, my lady.