30. Dreams Come True

Scene 1

One month later...

In the hospital room, Asya as she sat on the edge of her bed, gazing out of the window.

Asya: (sighs) Another day, stuck in this room.

The door creaked open, and a young physiotherapist, Jake, entered with a warm smile.

Jake: Good morning, Asya. Ready for our session?

Asya: As ready as I'll ever be, I suppose.

Jake carefully helped Asya to sit in her wheelchair.

Jake: (gentle) I know it's tough, but we're making progress.

Asya: Progress? I still can't walk on my own. What progress is that?

Jake: Today, we'll focus on standing. It's a step closer to walking independently.

Jake assisted her in standing, and Asya leaned heavily on the bars.

Asya: I used to walk effortlessly, and now I'm struggling to stand.

Jake: (encouraging) Remember, it's normal to feel frustrated. We're working through this together.

Asya took a shaky step, gripping the bars tightly. The room felt like it was closing in on her.

Asya: (voice breaking) I just want to be normal again.

Jake: (compassionate) It's a process, Asya. Healing takes time. You're stronger than you think.One step at a time.

Jake: Now, we'll start with some gentle stretches. It's crucial for your recovery.

Asya: (grimaces) I've been doing these for weeks, and I'm still not getting anywhere.

Jake: Progress takes time, Asya. Patience is key. Now, extend your leg slowly.

Jake: Each step counts. Now, slowly lift your foot.

Asya doing the exercises.

Asya: (nodding) I appreciate your optimism. It's just hard to see the light at the end of this tunnel.

Jake guided Asya to the parallel bars, her fingers gripping them tightly as she steadied herself.

Jake: Alright, Asya. We're going to practice some assisted walking. Remember, each step is a victory.

Asya took a deep breath, her eyes focused on the floor beneath her. With Jake's support, she tentatively lifted one foot and then the other.

Jake: (encouraging) You're doing great. Let's take it slow.

Asya managed a few steps, her movements cautious and deliberate.

They reached the end of the parallel bars, and Asya turned, holding onto Jake for support.

Asya: (panting) This is exhausting.

Jake: It's normal to feel tired. We're pushing your limits, building strength.

Asya took another step, her determination evident despite the strain.

They continued the slow, deliberate walk across the room.

Jake: Look how far you've come already.

Asya managed a small smile, acknowledging the progress, however gradual.

Asya: (whispering) Thanks for pushing me, Jake.

Jake: (smiling) You're welcome, dear.

As Jake decided to give Asya a moment to stand on her own, he stayed close, observing her progress. Asya steadied herself.