From Now On

Y/N's POV - the following day (Monday)

             Carlos had texted me last night and we agreed on meeting this afternoon at the park. I gave him the directions and told him to get there 10-15 min after I did so I had enough time to explain everything to Ben. I packed our stuff and picnic and drove to the park.

            I settled on a bench in a quiet corner and texted Carlos where I'd be. Ben had already run to the jungle gym, but I called him over so I could begin the difficult task I had ahead of me.

''Ben, mommy needs you to listen to me very carefully, okay? I have something very important to tell you.'', I said as I settled him on my lap.

''What, mommy?'', he gleamed.

''Remember that you met your favorite pilot yesterday?''

''Carlos!''

''Yes, darling. Did you like him?''

''Very much.'', he giggled.

''Good. And do you remember what I always tell you when you ask me about your father?''

''That he had to leave before you found out I was in your tummy, but that he would had loved me very much if he could have stayed.''

''That's right.'', I sighed, ''Well, Ben, your father has actually come back and he wants to meet you.''

''Really?'', he gasped.

''Yes. Do you want to meet him?''

''Uh-huh.'', he nodded.

''Ben,'', I said as I took a deep breath, ''Carlos is your father.''

''My real dad?''

''Yes, my love. Mommy and Carlos are not together, but we love you very much and he wants to meet you. Can mommy ask him to come play with us here at the park? Would you like that?''

''I would.'', he giggled.

''Good. I'll let him know where we are.''

Carlos' POV

            I arrived at the park earlier than the time Via and I had set. I headed over to where she said they'd be, making sure to keep out of sight. From a distance, I could see that Via was already talking to Ben. I observed their interaction and started feeling all emotional. I found out I had a son only yesterday, but I already felt a potent and primal sense of protectiveness towards him. He was my flesh and blood and I knew I'd do anything for him. I ran my fingers through my hair and made my way towards them.

''Hi, guys.'', I announced to them.

''Carlos!'', Ben exclaimed running towards me, ''My mommy said that you were my real daddy, is that true?''

''Easy, Ben.'', Via interjected as she scooped him in her arms, ''Darling, I want you to meet your father, Carlos.''

''Hi, Ben.'', I said as I extended my hand to him, ''I know it might seem weird, but you can start calling me dad whenever you want, okay? From now on, I'll always be there for you.''

''Okay...'', he shyly nodded as he nested his face into Via's neck, ''But does that mean you can't be my favorite pilot anymore?''

''Not at all, kiddo. Me being your dad and your favorite pilot makes me extra happy.'', I said as I caressed his hair.