Háblame

Y/N's POV - Sunday, November 5th

               My eyes were glued to the monitor, watching Carlos' car like a hawk. He was on his last lap and my heart was beating out of my chest. And then he did it. Carlos won the race! Carlos won the Interlagos GP! I jumped from my seat, instinctively hugging Caco and nearly knocking him off his chair.

"We did it!!!", I squealed.

"We did.", he replied as he hugged me back.

"I'm so proud of him, he deserves this so much."

"He does, doesn't he?", he chuckled as he wiggled his eyebrows.

"No, it's nothing like that! I'm just proud of him as his engineer and Ben's mother... that's it.".

"I'll pretend I believe you.", he said, snaking an arm around me, "Now let's go say hi to the man of the hour."

               We headed towards where Carlos was and I waved at him. He removed his helmet, letting that gorgeous post-race hair free. He came our way and Caco was the first to hug him. When it was my turn, I tried to kinda side hug him, but he had other plans... he engulfed me in a bear hug.

"I'm so proud of you, Carlos. You deserve this more than anybody else. I'm sure Ben is ecstatic back at home and that he's also very proud of you.", I confessed to him.

"If I'm here today, it's because of you... I've been on a streak since you've joined the team.", he whispered in my ear as one of his hands held me by the waist.

"I, uh, why don't you come meet us at Charles' room so we can call Ben?", I stammered.

"That would be lovely. I'll be there as soon as I can.", he replied as he kissed my cheek.

                  I began blushing furiously, so I gave him a smile and left before people started to think there was something other than friendship going on between us. I went to Charles' room and knocked. He was already there and let me in.

"Someone's proud of their man, aren't they?", he teased.

"He's not my man!", I grumbled.

"Uh-huh. I saw you two just now, Via, there's no way-"

"Please, Charles... he'll be here soon so we can all call Ben together."

"Awwwww...."

"I mean it!", I said as I swatted his arm.

                 I lay down on Charles' bed to rest for a few minutes before Carlos arrived. I must have dozed off because, before I knew it, Charles was shaking me awake and Carlos was standing next to him.

"Hi, Sleeping Beauty.", Charles cooed.

"You wanna call from my phone or yours?", Carlos asked.

"Mine, please."

"Okay."

                   I sat down on the bed and they both sat down besides me. I tapped the babysitter's contact and waited for her face to appear on the screen. Once it did, Carlos put a hand behind me and leaned closer to me to see the screen better. My back was flushed to his chest and his breath tickled my ear. All it would take is for me to turn my head to feel his lips on mine.