Where Did My Heart Go?

Y/N's POV - Saturday, December 23rd

                After his birthday celebration, Carlos had suggested both our families spend the Christmas holidays in Mallorca so they could meet Ben and we could all get to know each other. Even though Carlos and I still weren't on speaking terms, I didn't want to bail on our families, especially Ben. He had done drawings for every single member of his new family and was really excited to give them out.

                The Sainz house was beautiful and each couple had a room to themselves... except for me and Carlos. He and Ben shared a room with Ana's husband and I shared with Ana. Ben was really stoked that he would be sleeping with grown-ups. We had arrived yesterday and had already unpacked, so I decided to stay outside with everyone until all of us siblings and SOs went out to the club tonight.

''Ben gets more beautiful by the day, doesn't he?'', Carlos' mom asked me as she approached me.

              I looked at my son playing with his father and uncles and couldn't agree more with what she said. Despite our differences, Carlos and I had brought into the world a truly beautiful son.

''He does...'', I sighed, ''Reyes, I need to know... why did you guys never asked me for a paternity test?''

''Because we knew right from the start that you were never after money or anything like that... and by 'we' I mean especially Carlos.'', she smiled, ''There's also the fact that Ben's the spitting image of Carlitos, so...''

''You carry them for nine months only for them to come looking like their fathers...'', I chuckled.

''Tell me about it...'', she laughed.

Carlos' POV - later that night

                We were all ready to go to the club... we had even booked a private karaoke booth. After a few rounds of drinks and food, it was finally time to show our talents as singers. Everybody had to participate, no matter our ''talent''. Charles was the first to go and then we each took our turns. Via, however, was the very last. I could see she was very nervous as she took a deep breath stepping on stage. She adjusted her mic and looked at the audience, purposely avoiding my eyes... not that I blamed her.

''You better make your move today, you twat. You're making us all miserable. You both are.'', Charles whisper-shouted in my ear.

                I rolled my eyes at him and focused back on the stage. Everyone got silent and Via began singing.

Unloving you

Is the hardest thing to do

Wish I could find a way to be unlove with you

Unloving you

You're all I wanna lose

But every night I'm closer to the bitter truth

I just can't unlove you

(Unloving You - Alex Aiono)

               As soon as she finished singing, Via ran out of the room before anyone could say anything.

''What the hell was that?!?'', Ana exclaimed as she turned to me.

''Why should I know?!?''

''Why should you know?!? Carlos, you-''

'Fine... 'I left her alone in my hotel in Monaco the morning after we met...''

''What?!?''

''And then about a month ago we were at her place and, after we put Ben to bed, she helped with some work stuff. At some point we took a break and then one thing led to another and we kissed. She stopped before things got any further because she said she didn't want to do it again until she was certain it meant something to me. Once again I was a coward and did nothing.''

''OMG, poor Via...'', Ana said as she covered her mouth with her hand.

''She wasn't my first kiss but she's the kiss that mattered, the kiss that made me realize I didn't want to kiss anyone else. So now my lips belong to her. Just look at them... her name's written all over them.'', I lit up.

''You love her. What are you waiting for? Go!''

"She shut me down last time for a reason... I don't deserve a second chance."

''Like you said, you did give up and leave. However, I think you'll find that love is quite a powerful thing. Just don't mess it up this time.''

"But-"

"Go!!!", they all exclaimed.