I Finally Found Someone

Via's POV - Sunday morning, December 24th

             As I opened my eyes, I took in my surroundings and realized I was tangled in Carlos' arms. I wriggled a little in his arms until I was completely facing him. He was still asleep, so I took my time studying his features. I pushed a strand of hair from his forehead and started tracing my finger around his face. I could hardly believe I was actually waking up next to him this time and not to an empty bed and a note. I covered myself with the sheets and snuggled closer to him. As I did so, Carlos began stirring beside me.

''Good morning...'', I cooed.

''Hi, gorgeous.'', he pulled me by the waist and kissed me.

''I can hardly believe I'm waking up next to you...'', I whispered as I lazily drew shapes across his chest.

''It will be the first morning of many, I guarantee you.'', he said as he rolled me on my back and rested his arm next to my face.

''What about last night, will that be the first, or should I say second, of many?'', I giggled.

''The second of many, for sure!'', he replied.

                Carlos kissed me and I immediately wrapped my arms around him. Unlike last night, this kiss was slow and gentle. He took his time on my lips and then slowly kissed down my jaw and neck. He started pulling the sheets down, exposing my entire chest, but I stopped him.

''Can we just stay like this for now?'', I asked, sweeping my thumb on his cheek.

''Of course.'', he said with that heart-stopping smile of his, ''Have I told you lately how much I love you?''

''Yes, but I'll never, ever get tired of hearing it.'', I beamed.

''I'm glad to hear that, cause I never plan on not saying it to you.''

''Carlos, how are we gonna announce this to everyone?'', I said as I pointed between us.

''I was thinking of just showing up to breakfast holding hands... I think they are all aware by now that we're in love.''

''And how about everyone else? Are we gonna post something?'', I asked.

''I think I should post a picture of the two of us, or something like that, and come clean... let them know the whole story about Ben and all and how much I love you.''

''I like how this sounds...''

''Great! Now what do you say we go eat some breakfast? Last night left me famished...'', he chuckled.

''Same here.'', I giggled.

             He pushed the sheets away and pulled me in for one last kiss before we got up to get ready.

Carlos' POV - later that night

               Our families took the news of me and Via being together really well... they were all so glad that we finally confessed our feelings to each other after months of pining after each other. We were currently all sitting in the living room ready to exchange gifts. I had an arm wrapped around Via and the other one held Ben in my lap.

''I wanna go first!'', Ben exclaimed, jumping up and down on my lap, ''I wanna give everyone my drawings.''

''Okay, buddy, go ahead, cariño.'', I said as I kissed the top of his head.

               Ben gave everyone their drawing and then we all exchanged our gifts. Suddenly I felt Via's hand on my arm.

''This is for you...'', she whispered in my ear.

''What's this?'', I asked as she handed me a little box, ''You didn't have to get me anything...''

''When you invited us all here, I had no idea what to get you. We weren't a couple, so I didn't want to give you something that was too much. But then one day I had an idea and... I hope you like it.''

               I quickly unwrapped her gift, eager to find out what it was. It was a frame with three pictures: two sonographies and a picture of a very pregnant Via in the middle.

''You weren't there during Ben's pregnancy, so I thought you might like having these pictures... that maybe it would make you feel like you were a part of it.''

''They do, thank you.'', I said as I gave her a peck on the lips.

''I have another gift for you...'', she said as she handed me another package.

''You do?''

''Yeah... It's just that it was a last minute idea in hopes that something happened between us. Open it.''

''Wait, is that the-''

''The selfie we took in Monaco almost six years ago? Yes.'', she beamed.

''You kept it all this years?!?''

''Of course... it's the most precious thing I had left of you besides Ben.''

"Thank you, Via, from the bottom of my heart.", I replied as I gave her a searing kiss.

"Ewwwwwwww!!!", Ben suddenly exclaimed during our kiss.

"Keep it PG-13, guys!", Charles joined.

Via's POV - Monday, January 1st, 2024

                Today was a new year, a new beginning... today was the day we would announce to everyone how in love Carlos and I were and finally explain the whole Ben story.

''Via, the post is ready... wanna see it?''

''Yeah.'', I replied as he handed me his phone.

                  I looked at the post and couldn't help but break into a warm smile. There was no need to hide anymore. I could now proudly show off my two amazing boys by my side. I felt so lucky to have such a wonderful family that loved me as much as I loved them. I was finally truly and completely happy- or, as Elizabeth Bennet Darcy might say, I was incandescently happy. Life couldn't get any better than this.