Shivers

Y/N's POV - Saturday, December 2nd - Ferrari party

            As soon as I heard about the Ferrari party and knew I was invited, I knew it would be the perfect opportunity to make Carlos jealous and I decided to take Gio up on his offer to help me do so. I asked him to come dress shopping with me since he was a guy and would know how to make one jealous. I knew I wanted to wear something red, so it was more a matter of style. At the shop, Gio was the one doing all the talking and in no time we had an array of red dresses to pick from. It took him less than five seconds to choose. At first, I refused to wear it, but after Gio convinced me to try it on and I looked at myself in the mirror, I realized that it was perfect for the occasion. I was currently in the car with Gio on our way to the party and I couldn't wait to see Carlos' reaction.

Carlos' POV

             I was standing next to Charles in the middle of the reception hall, a drink in hand, when I saw Via arrive, arm linked with Gio's. Holy crap, how can someone be so hot? I started choking on my drink and Charles asked me if I was okay. All I could do was point towards where Via was coming from. Charles turned around and was immediately mortified when he saw her. In our defense, she was wearing a red dress with an extremely low neckline and a long side slit. 

''Wow!'', I finally managed to say.

''Wh-what is she wearing?!?'', Charles stammered.

             Via and Gio saw us and made their way towards us.

''Carlos, Charles.'', Gio said, extending his hand.

''Via...'', I managed to choke out.

''Nice seeing you, Carlos.'', she smiled, obviously faking it.

''Likewise.'', I replied.

''I believe we're all seated at the same table.'', Charles interjected, sensing the tension.

             We all made our way to the table and sat. The evening went on fine... the speeches, prizes, food. At some point the music started playing louder and couples started to make their way to the dance floor. All I could think about was how much I wanted to dance with Via. I knew she didn't come alone, but her reaction to the kiss last month gave me hope that I had a tiny chance.

''Dance with me.'', I said as I stood up and extended my hand to Via.

''No, and you know why.'', she snarled in Spanish.

''You're absolutely irresistible when you're mad at me.'', I replied in Spanish, my jaw tensing up, but feeling terribly turned on.

''Are you guys flirting or starting a fight?'', Lando asked, clearly sensing the tension between us.

                   Whether this tension is sexual or not remains to be seen.

''Starting a fight!'', she replied before I could even say a word.

                 She got up her chair, grabbed Gio by the hand and stormed off.

''Wow, she must really hate Carlos.'', Lando chuckled.

''No, she doesn't. Not really.'', Charles replied.

             I took a deep breath and stood up.

''I need some air.'', I announced, more to myself than to anybody else.

             I made my way to one of the balconies, desperate to get away from all this. I couldn't... I was the belle of the ball and couldn't go MIA out of the blue. I leaned against the bannister, rubbing my hand along my forehead. I rolled up my sleeves and loosened my tie, trying to alleviate a bit of my discomfort. But, just when I thought I could have some peace, Charles appeared in front of me.

''Hey...''

''What do you want?'', I mumbled, sounding harsher than I expected.

''You never thought you'd get this attached to my sister, did you?'', Charles asked as he pointed towards where Via and Gio were dancing.

''I'm not at-''

''Don't even try denying it. It's written all over your face. Just don't dare mess it up this time. I'll f-ing kill you if you do.''

''I know I hurt Via... I think about it everyday.'', I sighed.

''What happened between you two?''

''I left her alone in my hotel. When I realized the weight of what I've done and tried to fix it, I realized we had forgotten to exchange numbers. I know it seems like it was a one-night-stand, but that's the last thing it was. I fell in love with Via the second I saw her... not that it justifies what I've done.''

''You left her alone?!?''

''Charles, please. I know what I've done and I'm paying the price now.'', I saidd as I rubbed my forehead.

''Carlos, I... this explains a lot. What about now? You guys seemed so good until about a month ago...''

''I, uh, we, I kis- we kissed.'', I whispered.

''What?!?'', Charles exclaimed.

''We were at her place and, after we put Ben to bed, she helped with some work stuff. At some point we had a break and then one thing led to another. I swear that's all that happened... she asked me to leave before things got any further.'', I explained.

''So I wasn't crazy when I thought I saw a hickey on her neck...''

''She said she wouldn't do it again until she was certain it meant something to me. And, once again, I was a coward and did nothing.''

''You need to do something about it, preferably before we all go to Spain this Christmas. Do it for her... for Ben.''

''I will, I promise.''