Hungry Eyes

Y/N's POV - Friday, November 10th - later that evening

                Carlos had arrived with Ben and we had all enjoyed a nice meal, with dessert chosen by Ben and brought by Carlos. I was currently tucking Ben in and Carlos was finishing the dishes. Once I was done, I headed to the living room and waited for Carlos.

"So, what are we gonna do?", Carlos asked as he came into view.

"You're gonna sit on the floor and stretch your legs out, pretending you're in your car."

"Okay...", he said as he sat down.

"Look, what I realized today is that there was a problem with you communicating what you feel about the car and the engineers understanding it. So, what I want you to do now is to pretend you're in your car and tell me everything that's working and everything that has a problem from head to toe. From your helmet to your shoes, from the seat to the door. Everything. And then I'll talk to the engineers in a way they'll understand."

"Wow, thanks."

"Anytime. Now let's start."

               Carlos began describing everything about his car and suit, from head to toes and I did my best to write it down in a way my bosses would understand. We went on with this for about an hour when Carlos stood up and extended a hand to me to get up too.

"Come on, we need a break.", he said.

"Sure, you wanna drink something?", I asked as I held onto his hand.

               As I held Carlos' hand, he pulled me up, but I ended up landing face first on his chest. The proximity left me a little dizzy and I didn't know what to do. Carlos didn't make any move to indicate that he was going anywhere and I could feel his gaze on me.

''Chili, what are you doing?''

''Nothing...'', he said as he tucked a strand of stray hair behind my ear.

''Stop looking at me like that.'', I said, suppressing a shiver.

''Like what?'', he whispered in my ears, his voice low and teasing.

''Like I'm dinner.'', my voice coming out all strained.

''Maybe I'm hungry...'', he replied, his nose touching my ear.

''Carlos... what do you want?'', I managed to choke out as I put my hands on his chest.

"Baby, don't make me spell it out for you... you know what I want, who I want.", he said, biting that thick lower lip of his.

''I mean it...''

"If you refuse to make a move, then I will.", he huskily murmured as he pushed me against the wall, placing both his hands above my head.

''I'm dead serious...'', my sincerity lingers.

''Then why is your heart beating so fast when I have barely even touched you?'', he asked, raising an eyebrow.

''H-h-how do you know my heart is racing?'', I stutter.

                 He takes my hand and puts it on his chest.

''Because mine is.''

                Feeling his racing heartbeat under my hand makes my heart flutter. I look up and Carlos is already looking at me, that same hunger still in his eyes. He cupped my jaw, fingers tangling through my hair, thumb brushing under my ear. With his free hand he pulled me closer by the waist. He started closing the distance between us and I did nothing to stop him. Then suddenly his lips were on mine. It was soft and gentle, but my body froze before I could even process what was going on.

''Chili, we shouldn't be doing this...''

''Via...'', he moaned.

              And then he kissed me again, this time with all the power he could muster, making up for all the years, moons, weeks, days, minutes, seconds our lips hadn't been touching. And then finally, finally it felt like the world was no longer burning around me. I was intoxicated by the feel of his arms around me, by the scent of him. I was intoxicated by this man. He began trailing his lips along my neck, alternating between soft nibbing and gentle kisses. He reached my sweet spot and there was nothing I could do to suppress the moan escaping from my mouth. This didn't go unnoticed by Carlos, who took advantage of it to mark his territory by sucking hard on that same spot. I could practically feel the hickey forming. His lips and hands kept on exploring my neck, while mine slipped under his shirt, running them up and down those muscles I remembered all too well. I dragged my nails down his back, relenting in the groan that spilled from his lips. I wanted him. I ached for him. I ached for his touch, his kiss. He was my definition of desire. I missed him and he was the only thing that could bring me back to life after all these years. I had a weakness for him. But I couldn't do this. Not right now, not like this. This was wrong and it had to stop.

"Carlos, I can't. I can't do this.", I whispered as I tried to push him away.

"Why not?", he moaned as he continued to kiss my neck.

"Because we're co-parenting a kid and last time this happened, I ended up raising said kid on my own for four years. I don't regret Ben one single bit, but I can't do this again.", I explained, disentangling myself from his arms.

"Via..."

"I don't want you to kiss me in a heat of the moment situation or just because you think I'm attractive... I don't want to be a one-night-stand again. I got too hurt last time, I'm not doing it again. Not until you can actually prove it means something to you.", I said, taking a deep breath, "Now please leave, Carlos. I don't want to ruin our relationship as co-parents and co-workers any more."

"Via, I-"

"Please..."

"Okay... just please tell Ben I love him.", he requested as he started going to the front door.

"Fine. Goodbye, Carlos.", I said as I opened the door.

"Goodnight, Via.", he replied as he gave me one last look.

                As soon as I shut the door, I crumbled. I sat on the floor, tears already all over my face. I had ached, dreamt for this moment for years, but when it finally did happen, all I could see was exactly what I saw five years ago: I was only a one-night-stand to Carlos and nothing more. He would never feel anything other than lust towards me and there was nothing I could do about it. I'd have to content myself with him being Ben's father and try not to melt every time I saw the two interact.