Cold Shadow: Prologue

PROLOGUE:

You all know the story of Francis Dawnbreaker, the last of his bloodline.

If it wasn't for his choice to face his fated destiny, Veccoran would have been lost to eternal darkness and brutal chaos with Deadrus standing above it all.

Thankfully, with his courage and the aid of those closest to him, an era of peace and recovery was ushered in.

And during these times of peace, the next generation of the Dawnbreakers was born...

~Goldenza (Present Day)~

In the castle halls, a little dark brown bear cub ran while giggling as IA was in pursuit.

IA: *laughs villainously* Come back here you little troublemaker!

The little cub attempted to run down the stairs, but IA caught her. She lifted her daughter up, who was giggling happily from being tickled. Then even more so when IA blew onto her belly.

IA: You're going to take a bath whether you like it or not young lady.

Fatima: *giggles* No... no bath... hate water!

IA: No excuses.

While IA carried her joyful little girl to the bath, Faron, the third child of Francis and IA, was combing his hair alongside his sister Florence, the fourth child.

Faron: Sounds like Fatima's avoiding the bath again.

Florence: She just loves to play. Its what makes her so special.

Nearby, Faya, the fifth child, played with her toys in their six bedded room. Coming out of the bathroom in robes was the second child, Faith.

IA: Is everyone almost ready for bed?

IA walks in while holding Fatima up by her hands as they moved in unison.

Faith: Yes mother, though Felix is unaccounted for as always.

IA: *smiles* You know how he is... wanting to live up to your father's legacy.

Fatima: Big Bubba strong! Big Bubba king!

Florence: How come he gets to be next in line for the throne?

Faron: Because he's the oldest, duh.

Faith: Who cares about some old throne? Its just a lousy chair anyway.

IA: Thrones are more than a "lousy chair". They are a symbol of authority and unity.

Florence: Didn't Deadrus sit on a throne? Cause that guy was far from unifying anything.

IA: Remember what I've told you children... Anyone can sit on a throne, but that individual person alone defines its meaning and purpose.

Faith: Of course you would know mother. You've had a thousand years worth of experience.

Faron: I still don't understand how you could give up immortality. Living forever sounds awesome!

IA helps Fatima step into the bathtub.

IA: It has its perks, but there are limitations even for concepts like eternity. I am content with my choice and would do it over again if I could. Besides, I would've outlived your father and never had either of you.