Freedom Of Veccoran: Act One

ACT ONE:

Daytime rises. The boat carrying the Freedom Fighters and the rescued civilians from the village headed towards an island surrounded by glassy water.

[Felix:] We be approachin' Glass Water Island.

[Mr. Chipper:] I've always loved seeing crystal clear waters. You can see the bottom!

[Mendo:] I'm seeing some Rednamalas crawling on the floor below.

[Balla:] Glad we all can get a fascinating view after all the fighting.

Charlotte stands in place while gazing at the water below. Lolly quietly watched her from a distance as Nicholas sat next to her.

[Nicholas:] Still feeling ashamed with what happened a month ago?

[Lolly:] Yes. I was warned by Balla about having feelings for Felix, and because of that I destroyed his relationship with Charlotte.

Felix overheard her, lowering his ears in sadness.

[Nicholas:] I don't think it was your fault Lolly. Like you told me before, Felix was the one who kissed you, so it's on him.

[Lolly:] But if I didn't give any hints that I fell in love with him, then maybe Felix would still be with Charlotte.

[Nicholas:] There are plenty of mistakes we wish we could correct. How we deal with it going forward determines how we continue to live. Don't let this mistake destroy you emotionally Lols. I don't like seeing you like this.

Lolly nods.

[Nicholas:] Have you talked with either one of them since-

[Lolly:] No, I preferred not to. I just think it is best if they solve their problems on their own.

[Nicholas:] But you are still part of the issue. They both need to understand your side of the story that way some blurred lines can become straight and clear.

Lolly remains silent.

[Nicholas:] If you don't want to talk with them then that's fine, but at least consider it ok?

[Lolly:] I'll think about it.

Ronos stands beside Felix.

[Felix:] Oy, me saw ye fightin' Renathor back there. Pretty impressive.

Ronos just nods.

[Felix:] How cum ye dun talk very much? Not criticizin' ye or anyt'ing buh me just wanted ta ask.

Ronos just leans on a rail in front of Felix looking to his left.

[Ronos:] That's just how I lived life after everything I've been through.

[Felix:] Hmm. Sounds ta me like ye have been through quite ta trouble before joinin' us.

[Ronos:] Yes, I have. Being imprisoned by pirates for over 4 years can really do a lot to you.

[Felix:] How cum ye dun talk like a pirate?

[Ronos:] Argh! me choose when ta speak in such a language lad.

[Felix:] *starts giggling* Are ye tryin' ta be humorous.

[Ronos:] No.

[Felix:]*face expression changes* Ok.

Francis and Bonnie later join the two.

[Francis:] Felix, Ronos.

[Bonnie:] You are a good warrior Ronos. Glad we have you with us.