Freedom Of Veccoran: Act Two

ACT TWO:

Goldenza's citizens being led away from the surviving warriors. Red Bear and Dark Skull both oversaw the movement. Francis came running towards the two.

[Francis:] What are you doing with my people!? Where are you taking them?

[Dark Skull:] Calm down Dawnbreaker. We're just transporting your people to safety.

[Francis:] Define safety for me...

[Red Bear:] Francis... I get it ok, you don't really trust us and its hard to adjust to change. Everything will be fine. We're just taking your people to a safe place far away from here.

[Francis:] Ok... I'll be cool with the two of you. But remember, my eyes are going to be locked on you at all times.

[Dark Skull:] Hmph, we'll see how long you can keep that up.

Francis rejoins Nehemiah and Tort, whose body was bandaged up after those injuries he sustained from his fight with Hugo.

[Nehemiah:] I can't believe you're allowing those two to take charge of our people!

[Tort:] I do not trust them, especially Red Bear! If I were you I'd definitely keep an eye on him. After all, he might be secretly craving vengeance.

[Nehemiah:] Speaking of which, how did he get resurrected after we buried his body far away from the kingdom?

[Francis:] I'll ask them questions once we are all well recovered and ready for travelling, wherever they're going to take us.

The three come across Goldane using his remaining hand to heal his wounds.

[Francis:] Goldane.

[Goldane:] Francis. We should have been prepared from the start of this war. Perhaps we could've made a better stand against Deadrus and his forces.

[Francis:] Goldane, we were lucky enough to survive. We've been given a second chance to fight back. Let's use this advantage.

[Nehemiah:] Can you still walk?

[Goldane:] Yes*falls on one knee fast* probably not.

[Tort:] Allow me to help you friend.

Tort helps lift up Goldane.

[Nehemiah:] I'll go look for some kind of cane for him to use.

[Goldane:] Francis.

Francis walked away but then stops to turn to him.

[Goldane:] I feel as if you're hiding something from us. Is there anything troubling you?

[Francis:] No not at all.

[Goldane:] But the look in your eyes when you faced Deadrus says otherwise.

[Francis:] I was just intimidated by him that's all. Nothing much. Don't worry I'll be just fine Goldane.

Francis continues walking away.

[Goldane:] I feel worried about him.

[Tort:] Don't we all.

***

Lightblade rests Bonnie's unconscious body on a mat laid out by Hope.

[Hope:] He's not waking up. I'm getting worried.

[Lightblade:] I'm hoping whatever Seth hit him with isn't fatal. I cannot afford to lose him after everything we've been through together!

[Hope:] I can see that brotherly bond between the both of you.