A Journey Begins: Act One

Act One:

30 YEARS LATER...

A brown bear, sitting on a long in the forest, was playing the flute. He is surrounded by lush green, peaceful insects, and a bright sunshine seaming through from the trees above. His ears began twitching, causing him to cease tuning. He turned to his side and heard humming noises close by. A horse-like creature, known as a Strider, walked along a dirt road with a humming hooded figure mounted upon it. The humming noise was coming from a male, who appeared to have an elderly voice tone. The brown bear is seen treading through the forest towards the noises and comes across the dirt road. He is confronted by the Strider and the figure riding it.

[Francis:] I see you're humming the poem Travel by Robin Louis Stevenson.

The figure raises his head and removes his hood, revealing himself to be a golden bear similar to the late king, Frandos, but with a more yellowish color in the mix.

[Goldane:] I see you know your poems dear Francis.

[Francis:] Well I won't be young for much longer you know.

[Goldane:] *chuckles* Oh of course, today is your special day after all.

[Francis:] Yes, today will be the day I become a fullgrown.

[Goldane:] Well then let us be on our way.

Francis climbs atop the Goldane's Strider, with some assistance from him, and then continue down the dirt road. Soon, a landscape of hills came into sight, with several houses on top each one.

[Goldane:] Ah, it is good to be back in Green Hills. I missed the wonderful greenery of this place, and all the folk here are very welcoming.

[Francis:] I can tell.

Local citizens around the place waved towards Goldane who nods his head in return while they pass by.

[Francis:] And some miss you as well.

[Goldane:] Oh I am sure they do. I have helped quite a few children find families and give the homeless homes.

[Francis:] So how was your travelling Goldane? What has Veccoran been like lately?

[Goldane:] Oh what's there to tell...? The world is still suffering from how the current rulers of the other 7 kingdoms are handling society. At least they are not fighting against each other like years before.

[Francis:] I'm glad the Kingdom Divison ended 7 years ago. The last thing we need is more social conflict.

Hopping alongside the two came a blue bunny nearly the same age as Francis in appearance.

[Bonnie:] Hello Francis and welcome back Goldane.

[Francis:] *waves* Hello Bonnie.

[Goldane:] Ah, Bonnie Becks how are you?

[Bonnie:] Hopping around from rocks to rivers of course, and spending quality time with my closest friend.

[Francis:] I should be going now Goldane.

Goldane turned to Francis with a leaving already look on his face.

[Francis:] Me and Bonnie are gathering all our friends together to discuss our plans for the future.

[Goldane:] Ah I see, well go on ahead. The future is important, and you must always plan for it.

Goldane stops his Strider momentarily for Francis to step down.

[Francis:] I'm glad you could make it to my celebration today Goldane. It really means so much to me.