3

2023
Jeno pov

I'm 19 now. Meaning jaemin will be turning 17 this year. I would be back on birthday. My flights booked for the day before his birthday. Schools have been transferred. All the team from America came with me that my dad sent with me and they're all going to the same school.

Jaemin pov

Mom woke me up as per usual with a birthday cake. I opened my eyes and instead no cake.  A letter. She didn't look as happy but still smiled. I took it opening it seeing an invite to my own coming of age party. I knew there was a catch. My dad came in moments later with two stylists.
Dad- no school today son. You're getting ready for the ceremony.
Me- I don't want to go
Dad - you have to. This is where we find your marriage partner
Me - dad what the hell ??
Dad - don't use that tone with me. Your going whether you want to or not. We are the second leading mafia in the world. You need connections like the Lee family otherwise when I'm gone- retired dead whatever you're going to screw your family over and I'm not ready for that or willing to let it happen
I was dragged out of bed by my mom who was laughing as the stylists were trying different things on me. W
We decided to go shopping. Just me and my mom. We were walking to a shop when someone bumped into us. The guards were dressed casually to stay under cover and flinched when he did.
Boy - sorry mrs na
Mom- oh no worries. You know us ?
Boy- Australian Lee family. Lee felix it's an honour to finally meet you in person.
Mom- I hope your coming to jaemins ball this evening
Felix- we don't get invited to things like that I'm afraid.
Me- well here here's an invitation your entire family can come.
He bowed respectfully and ran off.
Mom- nice work jaemin. Make allies.
We carried on into the shop and I hated them all.
Clerk- we do have something in the back. A new worker made it. It's quite feminine though
Mom- bring it out please.

She brought the mannequin out and it was stunning it had a matching girls dress in my sister's size.
Mom- do you like it jaemin ?
Me- I love it and Isla will love the dress don't you think ?
Mom- is it 12 years?

The clerk nodded and mom paid for them both and we took them. We were sat having some food when the malls alarm was going off. I was putting the designer of these outfits number into my phone and someone barged into the cafe holding a gun. The guards were outside and had to fight off a couple of men before they came and attempted to get through the door but no luck. The guy pointed directly at my mother and everyone was screaming. I scrambled for my mom's bag knowing she always had a gun in there.

BANG

I watched as my mother fell off her chair and onto the floor I held her gun up shorting the guy. It landed right in the middle of his head. I rushed to my mom. It was in the centre of her chest and I pressed harshly.  They finally got the door open and everyone rushed out of it. They checked my mom over and they just stopped.
Me- what are you doing help her !
Alex - jaemin she's gone you can let go
Me- I can't what am I suppose to do by myself!!?

They put my mom's stuff in our shopping bags and they called someone to come clean this up. They took me out and I couldn't stop crying. I wanted to but I just couldn't.

Half way home I calmed down and I still had her gun held firmly in my hand. They opened the door for me and I made a beeline to the front door.
I went upstairs to shower. I locked the doors and got in. I was quick enough that when my dad came up to me I was already half dressed.
Dad- son... are you okay ?
Me- why wouldn't I be ?
Dad- your first kill ? I knew it was hard for me so I could imagine how you're feeling right now.
Me- your mothers still alive and kicking don't say you understand how I feel. I feel great because I tried to protect my mother.
Dad- son I'm trying here.
Me- sorry dad it was just so sudden I didn't even know what was happening and then he pointed it directly at mom. I immediately went for her bag but I wasn't fast enough.
Dad- I should have given you this a long time ago but here son

He gave it to me and I saw my mother's initials engraved on the underneath of it along with multiple others

Dad- this was your mothers and all the other great women that came before her.
Me- is this because I'm gay?
Dad- no. ...no
Me- I'm joking dad I don't care.
Dad- I'm sorry son that I'm still going through with this but I need you and the family to be safe.

I nodded and the stylists came in dressing me and going to my little sister.
She was dressed and she looked like a princess. Her blonde hair was almost long enough for her to sit on it and it was lightly curled in waves. She wore my mother's necklace and I smiled. I picked her up and she was laughing and giggling.

My dad wanted us to set off so we did. Chairs were being adjusted and tables had family names on them. A big presentation board was at the front and a guy was stood with a stack of awards and some trophy's. This wasn't just a ball for me it was a ball for the entire mafia community. I've never been to this but only heard of the mafia awards of excellence. Every mafia in the county comes as well as our main allies like china japan and Thailand etc. normally there's a sacrifice made or something super gruesome but I've never been told properly. I sat at our table with my little sister she was only staying for the first hour before she has to go. So she gets to see her brother be shipped off to another family and then has to leave. I wish I could leave after that part too