two - in which our Tav has conflicting feelings

I agreed to let Astarion bite me again, after we were interrogated by the rest of the party. They all agreed he was fine to stay if he stayed away from their necks.

There was tension building between us all day, and I knew for certain that there was a bit of flirtation going on- especially with the innuendos after we found the ogre and bugbear. It made me feel even more anxious as the evening drew to a close, and we all sat around a campfire once more. We had saved counselor Florrick that day, and fought off a few gnolls as well.

We ate well, though I picked at my food a bit. Astarion kept glancing at me from over his glass of wine. I kept looking away. And then it came time to put the fire out and head back to our tents. I was one of the last few to make my way back.

Heat flooded through me as I realized Astarion was waiting at my tent for me. Hopefully all that was in store was just another bite. I was sure my heartbeat was a dead giveaway that I, in fact, wanted something more anyway. The vampire spawn certainly knew how to charm a girl.

"Good evening," I said with a nod of my head.

"It's always a pleasure to see you sauntering over," he said with that mischievous grin of his.

"Well, this is my tent," I retorted. He gave a light shrug of his shoulders and lifted the tent flap, holding it open for me.

"After you, darling," he said.

"Why, thank you." I ducked into my tent, and he followed after.

"The pleasure is all mine," he all but purred. Nervous was then an understatement. He was laying on the charm awfully thick.

We stood silently then in the flickering light of the candles he had lit, and I shifted awkwardly in place. He seemed to study me- taking in as much detail as he could. There was absolutely no way my attraction toward him was a secret anymore, as I squirmed under his gaze.

"Well, are we just going to keep standing here like weirdos, or...?" I trailed off, the words catching in my throat as Astarion strode over to me.

He helped me lay back on my bedroll, and then started to lean down toward me.

"Wait- do we have to be laying down? And does it have to be the neck?" I asked, pressing my hands against his chest like I had last night. Astarion let out a sigh.

"I could bite your inner thigh, there is an artery there, but we would definitely have to be laying down," he said. "And it's just... easier to be laying down. Trust me."

"The neck is fine," I said quickly.

"Are you sure...?" He trailed his fingertips over the outer side of my thigh. "It might be fun."

"I'm sure," I said. But gods I sure wasn't. I grabbed his fingers and placed them against the side of my neck, earning a quirked brow from him. I leaned into his touch, tilting my head to expose my neck.