twenty four - the taste of you

(a/n: sorry for my absence! Mom duties. And I've been working on my art, reading the throne of glass series still, playing two separate durge runs, playing in a d&d campaign, and my husband and I just got back into Sons of the Forest. Have some spice.)

After we'd all set up our tents, Shadowheart ducked into hers whilst Gale entered his own. The expression on Astarion's face was unreadable as he guided me by my hand over to our tent. All I could do was silently stare after him as we slipped into the tent.

He released my hand, sitting down amongst the blankets and furs. He rested with one leg out, leaning back on his hands. The look on his face had me sitting on my knees before him in an instant. His eyes looked me slowly up and down, that unreadable mask slipping back over his face. And then there was a glint in his eye, a wolf's grin spreading over his face.

"Is that how you're going to sit?" he asked quietly. "That hardly seems like it would be comfortable for long." I felt my face grow warm, and shifted so that I sat cross legged instead.

"Is this better?" I asked. Astarion let out a breath through his nose. The smile drooped slightly as he looked you down, and then back up again, before the smile grew warmer.

"I suppose that will do," he said, that smile turning a bit devilish once more.

Astarion pushed back off his hands, leaning forward and toward me, before grasping at my ankles. I gasped as he tugged at them, gently shifting my legs apart just enough so that he could scoot in and hover his body over mine. I fell backward against the blankets, cushioned by their softness, and Astarion braced his hands at either side of me.

"Do you think you can be quiet?" he whispered, his brows knitting together as he asked the question. I furrowed my own brows, but the look in his eye told me he wasn't asking me to stop talking. "There's- something I want to try."

"What?" I breathed, watching a lock of his hair shift over his forehead.

I felt his fingertips gently run along the outer side of my thigh, before he grasped it more firmly with his whole hand.

"Do you remember when we were discussing other places I could bite you?" he continued quietly, gently squeezing my thigh before returning to caressing it.

"Mmm... I might," I sighed, shifting a little and grasping at the blankets with my hands. He leaned back slightly, and I felt both of his hands find the ties on my pants. His eyes caught mine; the slightest bit of hesitation, a question, and I nodded.

Astarion undid my pants, and then his fingers slipped toward the waistband. He carefully pulled them down, leaving me in my shirt and underwear, and then braced himself over me again. His gaze searched mine as he stared down at me.

"What if I... Would it be alright if I- bit your inner thigh?" he asked, though it was more of a dreamy sigh. I genuinely considered it.

"Would it hurt?" I asked.

"Only for a moment, and no worse than when I bite your neck," he whispered. He lifted a hand, gently trailing his fingertips down the skin of my neck. A shiver ran through me. His gaze was lost there, not meeting my eyes.