twenty seven - rivington pt 1

Rivington. I wondered what adventures awaited us here, as we finished packing up and approached down the trail. There was a red haired orphan with her cat to greet us almost immediately, or well- she said she was waiting for her mother, who had been missing. Something in my gut told me that her mother was no longer with us...

I offered the girl some food, and pointed her in the direction of the guards to get their help, and we continued on. There was a man trying to kick a couple of people out of a pretty run down looking house, and as we approached the spectacle, I noted the armed people that were positioned around the area, and their eyes were on the man yelling at the two people.

I cast a glance over at Astarion, Halsin, and Shadowheart- my companions at the moment. Halsin was simply looking around the place in distaste. Shadowheart and Astarion were both shaking their heads and waving their hands at me. I shrugged and turned back away from them, marching right over to the man.

"Excuse me, what's going on here?" I asked. He turned to look at me, flabbergasted as he explained how these people were trespassing on his property. He waved his arms about as he went into great detail about how he wanted them out.

"How many estates do you have?" I asked.

"What does that matter?" he sputtered.

"Surely you can spare them this one," I said with a shrug. The man's face turned even redder than it already was. He demanded that the armed woman behind her and her men do something about all of us.

"You didn't pay us for that," she said, crossing her arms. "Fighting them will be extra."

"Fine! Here's the gold! Take it!" the man growled, shoving a coin purse into the woman's hands. "Now get them!" He pointed toward my crew and I, and I raised my hands.

"Well, shit," Astarion sighed. "Leave it to you to get us into a mess like this."

"I really didn't want to ruin my hair and get blood on it, it's freshly done, but I guess that's too much to ask for," Shadowheart said a sigh. I sent another glance her way, completely forgetting she had turned her whole head of hair white the previous night. It was stunning, pure as snow.

"Sorry," I said with a grimace.

So we ended up killing the man's thugs, and then bullying him into telling us why he was so desperate to have those two out of the building, amongst other things. Astarion worked gold and a pass into the city out of him; lucky for us, as we hadn't even realized we would need a pass to get into the city. I managed to get him to tell us the toys he'd donated for the refugees were rigged with explosives, and where to find the people who set him up to do it.

After that point, we stumbled upon a circus. I gasped and brought my hands up to my mouth, at the sight of the brightly painted sign- and the two guarding the entrance. Astarion followed my gaze.

"No," Astarion said immediately upon noticing the circus entrance. "We are not going in there."