3 | message in a bottle

August 1st, 2023

It's been two days since the whole 'Travis Kelce podcast' thing happened and I just couldn't stop thinking about it.

He was for sure an attractive guy, he seemed really sweet and stuff but I just don't know. I wasn't looking for anybody.

After what happened with my last relationship I just wouldn't survive my heart being shattered to the smallest of pieces again. Plus I now have a daughter who needs my attention 113% of the time.

And still, here I found myself staring at the contact info I had from Tree. I haven't texted him or anything, I just...

"What's up?" My Mom asked me. We were talking about my shows in LA, about my announcement of '1989 TV' at the last show and I guess my mind just drifted of to this.

I sighed and locked my phone. "It's nothing." Mom just gave me the 'I know something is definitely happening' look that I couldn't resist. "Two days ago, Tree sent me a link..."

I told her the whole story and at the end of it all, she just looked at me with a confused look on her face.

"And what are you thinking about? If you should text him or not? You just need to start living again, Taylor." She put a hand on my kned and gently squeezed it.

"I just can't get my heart broken again, Mom. I wouldn't physically of mentally survive that. I have a small daughter now too. I can't get me and her fixated on someone who will then walk away." I want to cry just thinking about it.

"You are talking like you're dating already. Taylor, you don't know him. Just text him, see if he's even a good guy and if he is, and you're interested in him, then we can talk." She gives me a supportive smile which is all I need.

I get up and hug her tightly. "Thanks, Mom." I don't know what I would do without her.

When I got to my hotel room after sound check, Dad was playing with Evelynn on the bed. She was still in her PJs after her afternoon nap.

"Hey, Dad." The moment she saw me, she started to clap her little hands and reach them out to me.

I put down my bag next to the couch, my phone on my nightstand and sit down next to her. I immediately take her into my arms and shower her with kisses, "Hi, sweetie. You had a good nap?"

She nods with her binky still in her mouth and cuddles into me.

"Yeah? Did you have fun with Grandpa? Was he good?"

She shakes her head no and me and Dad both laugh.

"No? He wasn't good?"

Ell shakes her head again and Dad takes her to his arms and starts tickling her.

"You little traitor!" She spits out her binky and starts laughing too. When he lets her go, she quickly crawls back into my lap. "Aren't you a little mama's girl?"

It's evening already. Well, night is a better word. It's almost 9:30pm and I finally got Ellie down to bed. It was a nightmare today. She fell asleep in my bed and then I transferred her to her crib.

I was staring at his contact info again. I, in the end, just decided to text him and not think about it.

Unknown number: Hello

No! That sounds to formal. Start again.

Unknown number: Hey, this is Taylor. Heard you came to the KC show and left a little dissapointed. Any particular thing I should change?

Why does that sound so bad?! WHY AM I FLIRTING?! I have a small DAUGHTER. Oh, God.

I don't know why but I just hit send and toss my phone away from me.

I hear some fussing from the other room where Ellie's crib is and I sigh as I get up from the bed. But when I get there, she's peacefully sleeping with Olivia curled up by her side. I don't know how she got into the crib but I don't care 'cause this is the most adorable thing I've ever seen in my life.

This girl is so loved by so many people. All of the cats love her. Heck, Meredith loves her, which is the only cat I was worried about. She loved Ell. She's been always by her side, ever since I brought her home from the hospital. That cat loves her more than she loves me, and I've had her and been feeding her for almost 12 years.

I quickly snap a picture and trying to not make a noise, I get back to my own room and to bed.

I am reading a book when my phone beeps, announcing a new message. I look at the notification and see that he had texted me.

Football guy 🏈: Is this supposed to be a joke?

Unknown number: Is it good or bad if I answer that it's not?

Football guy 🏈: Definitely good. I just can't wrap my head around this. How can I know it's really you?

Ughh. Does he have to make it difficult?

How bad of an idea is to send him a picture?

Unknown number: Attachment: 1 photo

I send him a picture my mom took of me in Arrowhead when I was there for sound check before the first show.

I can see that he saw it and he doesn't respond for a good minute.

Football guy 🏈: Holy shit. Hey. Yeah, well, made you a special friendship bracelet and was hoping I would be able to give it to you. Turns out you didn't want to meet me☹️

Taylor Swift🫢: Sorry for that. My security's kinda strict. Plus my voice wouldn't really function after the show

Football guy 🏈: No, I understand
Football guy 🏈: You have to save up your voice, superstar.

We then text back and forth for more than an hour. Just chatting about our careers, football, music... It's so strange how we clicked right away. We never met. We are literally strangers. Who says that the person on the other side is really him. My trust issues are really kicking in.

We close the discussion off with goodnights and I just fall asleep right away.

A/N: i'm having some kind of writer's block rn. i'm not chapter 6, and i know what i want to write, i just don't know how to write it and it's so frustrating😭

let me know what you would like to see in this story please. i know some major things what i wanna write but would love to include your ideas and wishes too

thank you for all the reads support, i really
appreciate it🥹

love you, ell🤍