16 | picture to burn

August 29th, 2023

Tay🥰❤️: just landed

Trav🏈❤️: okay, text me when you get to the apartment😘

We get in, Ellie asleep on my shoulder. It is her nap time after all. She fell asleep on the car ride home and I didn't have the heart to wake her up. I get her settled in her crib and trying to unpack the biggest necessities out of the suitcases before settling on the couch with the cats around me.

I get a text from Maggie, saying that she arrived safely to her apartment which reminds me to text Travis. I quickly send the message before turning on a re-run of Friends, an episode I've probably seen a hundred times.

I fall asleep too, Benji curled up on my lap, Mere behind my head but get awoken by my phone ringing not even 5 minutes later.

I smile when I see Travis facetiming me, accepting the call and being greeted by his cheery 'hey, Tay'.

"Hey, that actually rhymes." He laughs and I join him. I can see he's all sweaty, most definitely just got back home from practice.

"Hi. You couldn't wait to call me so you didn't even shower?" I tease him. That's just how we are. Teasing, flirting, laughing.

He laughs, flashing me his irresistible smile. "You are such a tease. Where's Ellie?"

"I really think that you like that little girl more than me."

"She is a literal copy of you for my defense." I roll my eyes at his apology. "Just 32 years younger." He adds with a smirk.

I laugh. "You're unbelievable."

"So, what are you up to?"

Olivia jumps into my lap, headbutting the phone and purring. "Dibbles decided to show up. She probably heard your voice."

It's crazy how those three cats and one two-year-old girl have him wrapped around their little fingers and claws. "Hey, Dibbles. Miss me?"

"I think she does." I giggle, petting Olivia who comfortably settled in my lap. And she isn't the only one. "Anyway, just chilling today but Blake, Ryan and the girls are coming for lunch tomorrow."

We continue to talk, long after Ellie wakes up and while I go get her, change her, Trav takes a shower.

I am back on the couch, with my daughter beside me this time, she is watching a kids TV show, me chatting with Travis.

I suddenly hear the doorbell ring, raising an eyebrow because I wasn't expecting someone today. I tell him I'll go get the door, leaving Ell on the couch. I know it must be someone I am close to because my security wouldn't let them go here without letting me know first.

I open the door, finding my Mom standing there with a smile on her face, leaving me with a shocked one. "Hey, Mom. What are you doing here?" I give her a hug, still holding my phone in my hand, with Trav awaiting me quietly.

"I can't come and visit my daughter and granddaughter anymore?" She teases the shocked expression on my face.

"Sorry, of course you can. I just didn't expect you. Come in, Ellie is in the living room." I let her in and she rushes over to the little girl. I hang back, closing the door and acknowledging Travis again. "I'm sorry, I'll call you later, okay?"

"Don't apologize. Have fun, Tay." We bid our goodbyes and I return to my Mom cuddling Ell to her as close as possible, making her laugh.

"That was him?"

"Can you stop calling him 'him' and call him by his name?" I joke. "But yes, that was Travis." I smile at just the mention of his name and sit contently beside her.