12 | can you feel this magic in the air?

August 15th, 2023

I was on FaceTime with Travis, when we got on the topic.

"Hey, when are you free? Maybe this weekend, I could fly out again and see you? After the game?" He sounded so excited about that.

His smile wore down a little when he saw I wasn't smiling too. "I am sorry, Trav. I really wanted to take Ellie to Rhode Island before flying out to Mexico and the whole Eras Tour Movie promo and stuff. I mean, I guess I could postpone it, I guess," ...but it wouldn't be that warm and we wouldn't probably be able to get into the ocean.

"No, don't. You were excited about this, don't worry. We can meet up some other time." He looked down, messing with the hem of his t-shirt.

"Unless you wanna come with us...?" It came out of my mind before I even thought about it but I wasn't really mad about that either.

He immediately started shaking his head. "No, it's supposed to be your time together, I won't interfere."

"Travis, I wouldn't offer it if I didn't mean it."

August 20th, 2023

Since the minute I woke up, I've been on my legs, packing, preparing breakfast for Ellie and I and then packing some more.

It was about 11am when me and Ellie were patiently waiting by the car in the garages for one of my security guards coming with Travis from the airport. We could've flown but I decided that taking a little road trip wouldn't hurt and would be fun.

The car is all loaded up, the cats included, they are riding with my security unfortunately, they didn't fit in my car with Ellie's car seat and everything. I also decided that I wanted to drive, so the security car will follow behind us. I am getting tired of being driven everywhere. I love driving, it calms me down just driving in a car, listening to some good music.

I am just wiping off Ellie's mouth from the raspberries she had been snacking on when I hear a 'hello' behind me. I get up, turning around and I see Travis with one black gym bag in his hand with a grin on his face.

"Hey, good to see you." I greet him as he envelops me in one of his hugs, me wrapping my arms around his neck, burying my face in his shoulder. In a few seconds, I feel Ellie trying to get between us, pushing us away from each other.

Travis scoops her up quickly, making her squeal. "Hello to you too, princess. You feeling better?" She nods. She did have a fever for another day after Travis left but now, she's her old happy, cheery self again.

"You ready to go?" I say as I finish putting Ellie in her carseat.

"Yeah, but I'm not letting you drive."

That takes me off guard a little. "Why?"

"First, I am a gentleman and you should be the passenger princess. And second, I've seen some of your interviews and I don't want to be murdered by your driving skills."

I giggle before reaching out my arm with the keys on it. "I am gonna try and not take that personally." I knit my brows together.

He takes the keys from my hand and before I can get it back to its place, he takes it, pulling me into him. One of his palms lands on my hip, the other one on my cheek.

"Not here, Trav. The guys are watching." My eyes quickly flash to my security guards, already sitting in a car, just waiting for us to go.

"I think they can handle it." After that, he dips his head even lower, kissing me sweetly before pulling away and going to open the passenger car door for me, leaving me stunned.