8 | never grow up

A/N: just fyi, this chapter is 3,300 words so you might want to make time to read this😂

tw for childbirth

October 12th, 2021

It was almost midnight and I was snacking on my cereal. My late night snacking had been going on for my whole entire pregnancy. My daughter just had thought of something that she really needed in the middle of the night. And that day, she decided that she wanted cereal. Lucky charms to be exact.

She had been kicking like crazy that day. My belly had been a bit hard and my area down there had been hurting a little bit too.

I finished my snack and decided to take a long hot shower because everything was hurting. I was 36 weeks pregnant and to say that every single muscle was swollen is an understatement.

October 13th, 2021

It was officially past midnight and I got out of the shower. I put on my comfiest pajamas and got to, finally, go to bed. Olivia was already curled up on the bed and when I got in, she just moved to my side, placing her head on my belly, Benji joining her by my other side soon enough. They had been laying on my stomach the entire pregnancy, before I even knew I was pregnant and it was the cutest thing. I have so many photos of them just chilling on my belly, big or small.

Meredith had also decided to honor us with a visit. She jumped off of the huge cat tree I have in my bedroom and curled up into a fluffy ball at my feet.

I had all my three fur babies sleeping peacefully beside me, and the one human one, still inside of me, was fully awake still kicking my ribs. Thankfully, she was a lot bigger than when she had started kicking so she had less space in there.

I was in and out of sleep for the past 5 hours or so. It was almost 5am and I slept for 2, maybe 3 hours. Everything was just hurting and every sleeping position I tried was so uncomfortable.

I decided to stop trying and turned on the little lamp on my bedside table and grabbed my book also placed there.

I didn't even finish one chapter and suddenly needed to go to the bathroom. I hated that I had to pee every 5 seconds. That was one of the other reasons I couldn't sleep properly.

I found a tiny bit of blood on my underwear but my OB said that it can happen at the end of my pregnancy so I didn't freak out. Well, I did until I remembered that it's totally normal.

I put that into the laundry hamper and took a new, clean pair.

I figured that I wouldn't fall asleep again so I changed into sweatpants and a loose tshirt. I got back to bed and cuddled with Mere for a little bit while Benji and Dibbles were having another one of their marshmallow wars, as I like to call them.

I read a few chapters of my book, basically had a really chill start to the day.

My Mom was coming for lunch today. I also cleaned the whole house when I was waiting for her 'cause I was bored. I had these pains all morning, every 10 minutes or so but they didn't hurt much, I was able to continue my job during them.

After I finished my cleaning session, I decided to take a shower, because I knew from previous experiences that there were just Braxton Hicks and that they would go away after a hot shower or bath.

I took a fairly short shower because I knew that Mom was about to ring the doorbell any minute. I got dressed again but after a few minutes, I felt another one. It was a bit stronger but still fine. But even with that, I quickly glanced at my watch, seeing when the other one would be.