9 | it's been a long time coming

A/N: another longer chapter. i just didn't have the heart to cut it off in the middle of the date, i think you would no body, no crime me probably😂 so, you're welcome. enjoy the first tayvis date

August 12, 2023

I finish my make-up by putting on the, at this point iconic, red lipstick. Maggie, Ellie's babysitter, came over a few minutes ago and has been playing with her since. Trying to tire her out before bed.

"Looking good, mama." Maggie tells me as soon as I step a foot into the living room.

"I hate you so much." I say with a laugh. We had become really close friends and she's been my emotional support through the past year and a half. I still remember so clearly meeting her for the first time, very heavily pregnant, and her telling me about her dreams of becoming a writer. "I really don't know why I told you I am going on a date."

"I don't know either. Love you too, by the way." She sticks out her tongue at me and Ellie immediately has to follow of course, sticking her tongue at me too.

"Thank you for teaching her that. C'mere." I make grabby hands towards my daughter and she toddles over to me. I take her to my arms, snuggling her to my chest, peppering kisses all over her face, making her laugh. "I love you so much." I whisper into her ear. "Be good for Maggie, 'kay? Make it a little easier for her. I changed the sheets in the guest room for you." I direct the last sentence towards Maggie again.

"Okay, thanks." I had basically given her a room here because of how much time she spends here. I start nervously pacing around the living room with my shoes still in my hand. "Stop pacing, put on the shoes and go. You look beautiful, he will love you." Even though she is almost a decade younger, she, with her long brunette hair and sweet chocolate eyes, is most definitely more confident in her body than I am.

I am wearing a long-sleeved tight fitting black dress that ends just above my knees with a wool trench coat and classic black stilettos on my feet. I tried to keep it all casual, including my make-up which is very light with the iconic cat eyeliner and red lips.

"You gonna say bye to Mommy?" I say to my daughter who is very busy playing with her nanny.

"She said bye before. Go already."

"Go al'eady." Ellie repeats after Mag, making us both laugh.

"Fine, bye." I close the apartment door behind me, making my way downstairs.

I sneak into the restaurant through the back door, even though the restaurant I chose is very discreet. I am led into the back and can immediately spot Travis sitting at the very back corner booth. He sits with his back to me so he hasn't seen me, typing something into his phone.

I must admit. I am about 10 minutes late with me not wanting to leave and also traffic. It's my fault though, the traffic wouldn't play any role if we left on time.

I come closer to the table and tap lightly on Travis' shoulder, startling him.

"Holy shit." He jumps up and out of his seat.

"Hey, it's great to see you." I say with a smile on my face, obviously amused by him.

In a second, there is a smile on his face too and he's hugging me. I, a hugger myself, quickly hug him back. "Hi, yeah. You scared me a little there, didn't expect you. You look gorgeous, by the way." He makes my blush a little with his compliment. "Here, let me take your coat."

I turn around and he helps me slip off my coat, hanging it beside our table. A gentleman. "Thanks. You don't look too bad yourself." I say as we're sitting down across from each other. He's wearing just a white shirt with black dress pants, elegant but not too much at the same time.