6 | that was the moment he knew

A/N: i would really appreciate if everyone read this...

this book is not supposed to mock Joe or make you think that he's a bad person. i don't know him, this is not how i think he acts but i need to make his persona like this for this story

we can all think we know how it all went until tay spills it all in ttpd😜🤍

thanks for understanding

June 2nd, 2021

I was once again, in the doctor's office. Just on a monthly check-up. I was 5 months, 20 weeks, pregnant. Joe was not with me, everything was normal.

I got asked to lay on the table. My bump was visible in tight clothes, but when I wore a baggy sweater or one of Joe's hoodies, you couldn't tell.

"So, you could find out the gender today. Do you want to know?" My OB asked.

I nodded. "Could you write it into an envelope or something?" I said to her while she was preparing all the stuff for my appointment.

"Yeah, sure." She smiled and began her work.

I got done with my appointment and was walking out of the office with an envelope in my hand in record time.

And after that, I, in fact, did not open the envelope with my boyfriend and the father of my baby. I opened it with my Mom about a week later when she visited and we both cried our eyes out about me having a baby girl and her having a granddaughter to spoil and dress up.

• • •

August 10th, 2023

I am back in New York, the North American 2023 leg of the tour officially almost finished. I have 4 more shows at the end of the month in Mexico and then more than 2 months of free time. Well, not technically free but concert free.

It is afternoon, around 4pm. Ellie is down for her nap and I'm just chilling on the couch, quietly drumming chords on the guitar that is sitting on my lap, random episode of Law & Order going on in the backround.

She doesn't usually sleep until this late, but the intense playing with her grandparents on the way here must have worn her out.

We got here this morning, after breakfast. My parents flew home to rest after being with me in the road since March basically.

My calm, guiet living room gets interrupted by my phone ringing. And guess who it is. The person I can't get out of my head for the past week, even though I try really hard.

"Hey, Trav." I smile as I see his face on the screen of my phone.

"Hey, what are you up to?"

"Just chilling, got back to New York this morning." I direct my camera around and show him the TV playing and the guitar now placed beside me.

"Oh, I love Law & Order. My dad used to watch it all the time when me and Jason were kids."

We get lost in our own little world full of Law & Order and other TV series. Travis talking about how him and his brother would watch so many things they probably shouldn't have because of his dad and me rambling about my cats, as always. Nothing new.

I get interrupted when I hear little steps behind me. And when I look at my phone, that is propped by a stack of books on the coffee table, I can see her there too.

Fuck.

"Mama." She babbles as she toddles closer to me. I don't even want to look at Travis, into his eyes.

I slowly exhale as I get up and walk closer to her. She makes grabby hands towards me and smiles widely with her pacifier still in her mouth. I take her into my arms and she nuzzels her nose into my neck, still a bit sleepy. I lightly kiss her on her head filled with blond curls.

I sit back down and look at my phone, where a completely shocked Travis is displayed. "This is my daughter, Evelynn." I say slowly, looking into his eyes on the screen while rubbing Ellie's back.

"Taylor-" He starts but I interrupt him.

"I can explain... I just..." I feel tears welling up in the corners of my eyes.

"I'm sorry. I just need a moment. I'll call you later." He doesn't wait for my answer and hungs up.

I can feel a few tears slowly going down my cheeks. I try to persuade myself that this didn't mean anything, he didn't mean anything to me. We've known each other for a week, he can't mean anything. But the truth is, he did mean something. I could be myself with him. I didn't have to be Taylor Swift with him. With him, I could be just Taylor, a girl whose heart has been broken too many times.

I sniff which startles Ellie who got all cozy in my arms. She looks up and makes an angry face. "No cry, mama." She says with her pacifier still in her mouth and I can't do anything but laugh and wipe away my tears.

"Don't worry, baby. They are all gone." I smile and try to cuddle her closer to my chest for a little longer, but she gets out of my embrace and sits down beside me.

I notice that Meredith decided to give us a little bit of her attention and settles down right beside Ell. These two. Mere was cuddled up to my belly all the time when I was pregnant and has been Ellie's guardian since the day she was born. I swear she loves her more than me.

Meredith puts her head into Ellie's lap and she excitedly points at her.

"Is it Mere?" She nods her little head and I could melt right here from how cute she is. "Can you give her a kiss?" She takes her pacifier out of her mouth, hands it to me, then kisses her on the head and Meredith cuddles into her.

I've been living with this tiny human for almost two years, don't even get me started on tha fact that she'll be two in 2 months, and I still can't get enough of her. It feels like she's growing with each day. She's learning something new every day.

My phone beeps with a new message. I reach for it, not expecting for it to be from Travis. But it is.

Travis🏈: Can you call me when you've put her to bed in the evening? I think it will be a longer conversation.

Taylor🥰: Yeah, sure.

I reply to his message quickly and direct my attention back to Ellie to try to stop thinking about it. About him. About our conversation that is about to happen in a span of few hours.

A/N: I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT HAPPENED YESTERDAY/TODAY! my mind just didn't comprehend it still🫨

next chapter a little bit of dramaa.

and here's the big question? how will travis react to taylor having a small daughter. will he run away or get through it? they have a meeting planned in 2 days😬

PS: i was melting while writing the tay/ellie/meredith scene. why can i just picture it?? isn't it adorable?