7 | stay, stay, stay

I finally got Ellie to bed. She slept for a pretty long time in the afternoon and now I know that was a mistake.

I take a shower, change into my PJs, do my skincare and then just fall on the bed, ready to be consumed by the fluffy comforter.

But then I remember. Travis.

I reach for my phone, prop myself on the bed, leaning against the bed frame, take a deep breath and start a FaceTime call. His face appears almost immediately.

"Sorry to keep you waiting. It was a nightmare to put her to sleep today." I force a little smile on myself. I know I've probably lost every single bit of trust he had in me and that makes me wanna cry.

"And I am sorry for ditching you like that. It was just a lot... a lot to process." He gives me the small smile back but I can see that it's genuine.

"You have nothing to apologize for." I prop my phone on my nightstand, fixing my tshirt and then picking on my cuticles, like I do when I am nervous. I look back up and see just Travis staring at me and I can see he has a million questions in his head right now. "Ask me anything you want to know."

"I just... My mind can't comprehend this. How? When?"

I have to hold a giggle. "Will I have to have the birds and bees talk with a 34-year-old?"

Travis bursts out laughing and so do I. It's good to finally hear him in a good mood again, after all of this. "No, god no." He says as we both calm down a bit. I have to be a bit quiet to not wake up Ell who is sleeping just next door. "Still 33, by the way. Still 33, even though for not much longer."

"Okay, noted." I smile but then my face gets serious again. I have to make him understand this. Why I was waiting and scared to tell him. "Gosh, this will be a long story."

"I'll be here and listen, Tay."

I look at the screen of my phone, at Travis who has a supportive smile plastered on his face. I take a deep breath and start. "I think you know who I dated before, Joe. I found out I was pregnant in February 2021, alone, locked in the bathroom. I was so scared to tell him. We had endless arguments about marriage and kids. When we met, we agreed that that was what we both wanted some day. To settle down. But every time I brought it up, we just screamed at each other. We had been together for more than 4 years by then.

When I told him, the first thing he asked me was if I wanted to keep the baby." I can feel tears in the corners of my eyes as I go back, remembering how I felt in those moments. Helpless, anxious, nauseous. I don't hold them back and let them fall. I knew they would eventually come. I am looking down into my lap, playing with the hem of my shirt, not able to look at him. "I went to most of my appointments alone, or with my Mom when she was in town.

You always see those perfect pregnancies on Instagram. The dad making the weirdest pregnancy cravings, talking to the bump or this shit. I never experienced that. I was alone most of my pregnancy. We fought all the time. My hormones were all over the place and I was a mess."

I pause to take a deep breath and dry my cheeks a little bit. "Taylor." I lift my head up at the mention of my name and see a completely speechless Travis. "He's shit for doing that."

"I know..." I wipe another tear away and smile a bit.

I know I am over him. I am over Joe. We broke up a while ago but when I think of it, or even talk about it, I always get emotional. It's just fucking sad. I wish he was supportive and happy he has a daughter. I wish that I had the picture perfect pregnancy with my partner, but it seems like nothing in my life cannot go the right way.

"But even after all of the shit he had done, I loved him. He's a very private person and that was exactly what I wanted when we got together. I was miserable at that time, almost everybody wanted me to disappear and never step back on Earth again, and he helped me. I was renting a house in England and we had been living in our own little bubble. I feel like we would have broken up much sooner if I had gone on the Lover tour in 2020, but we got Covid instead which, again, we were locked up together and we were happy. At least I thought I was happy. He made me think that I wanted to hide.

Of course, at the beginning you are trying to keep it to yourselves that you're pregnant, but because there was still a pandemic happening, I got into my head that I can just hide it completely. I wasn't really showing until 4 or 5 months pregnant and at the end, I wasn't that big either because she wasn't.

My due date was at the beginning of November, so I would have to tell people because the re-recording of Red was coming out around the same time, but she decided to come a month early. She's been backstage or at the hotel during all the concerts with my parents or her nanny.

I was directing pregnant, doing interviews for Fearless TV from home. Ellie was backstage for all of the Red TV interviews I did."

I continue, trying to keep it away from Joe as much as possible. You don't really wanna talk about your ex when you've known each other for just a week and never seen each other in person. If that's gonna happen after all of this.

After I finish, I finally look up again. I've been sitting here, fiddling with my hands or something just to keep my mind busy. 'Cause if I looked up and saw him and his 'I'm sorry' face, it would make everything worse. I would break down and not a single word would come out after that.

"This is... crazy." He says and I can see he's searching for more to say.

"I know." I answer, my cheeks still a bit wet, eyes red from crying. "Trust me, I know. And I'm so sorry for hiding her from you. It was going so well, whatever this is," I point between us, "I didn't want you to think something bad about me."

"Tay, I could never. Not after I've heard all of this." There are a few moments of silence between us. "By the way, when are you planning to text me the details for Saturday?"

I am kind of taken aback. "You're still coming?"

It looks like I shocked him too. "Yeah, why wouldn't I? Taylor, you having a small daughter doesn't change anything between us. I still very much like you." I smile, blushing, and look down again at his last sentence. I very much like him too. I promised myself that I wouldn't fall so quickly. I always do and then just get my heart broken. But it's not really going according to my plan.

A/N: not really happy with how i've written this, but putting it out anyway kinda day

thank you so much for all the support with the previous chapter and also for surpassing 4K reads. this is unbelievable, thank you so much❤️

next chapter will be all flashback, taylor's birth but then, you can be excited for the first tayvis date. how do you think it will go?

again, would appreciate any vote or comment🥰

happy valentine's day if you celebrate, love you, ell🤍

PS: only the next chapter is prewritten so don't get used to updates being so soon😂 i'm om spring break so i will try to write as much as possible, but i have so much school work anyway😩