~~ P A R E N T S H O U S E ~~

You were stood in front of your parents' home, with Marilyn in your arms, you had just gotten here and you were waiting for someone to answer the door.

You already knew that your brother, Milo, and Amelia were there, along with your aunt and uncle as their cars were outside.

After a few moments of simply standing there, you heard your mother yelling down the hall.

"Anderson! Go get the door!" You heard your mother yell, 'Anderson' being your fathers name.

Names of affection were left in the past quite a while ago, as you hadn't heard something from them for a while.

That was when your dad answered the door quickly, and when you looked inside you saw Milo and Amelia sat with your aunt, while your uncle was with your mother at the kitchen table.

"Y/n! Mari! Hello!" Your father said, and he immediately grabbed Marilyn to take her off of you and greet her.

Marilyn laughed and giggled as she clapped at him, before you entered the house and shut the door for yourself.

You took off your shoes and walked in, waving to everyone.

"Hello!" You said, waving a little as you took off your jacket too.

"Y/n!" Milo said, waving to you.

Your mother looked over and smiled, your aunt waving too as your uncle and Amelia only looked over and smiled.

Marilyn was already sat down on her own chair, as she was already getting herself comfortable since her grandfather set her down beside him.

You walked over to the kitchen and sat down beside Amelia, your uncle giving you a pat on the back before walking around the entire kitchen and back to where your mother was.

"Y/n, I haven't seen you in a while." Your aunt said, smiling a little bit.

"Still no husband/Wife?" Your mom asked, raising an eyebrow, almost disappointedly.

You hated when she asked that question.

After a few moments you sighed and leaned back against the chair.

"Could you like- not?" You asked her, the sounds of Eleni and your uncle playing together being heard.

"She's not wrong." Milo stated, snickering a little bit.

"Y/n, you're single, unemployed, have a kid, and you're 24. You should really start finding yourself a husband/wife before you reach thirty and realize your life is wasted." Your mother said, gesturing to her and your father.

"A life isn't over when you reach a certain age, thank you." You told him.

Mari looked over at you, before Milo picked her up and handed her to you happily.

Your auntie and uncle were from your fathers side.

You set her down onto your lap and continued looking at your family, your mother making another snarky remark that was based off of you towards your father before looking back to you.

"Milo is 22. He's married and he looks so happy." Your mom said, gesturing to both Amelia and Milo.

"Good for him then, huh?" You said sarcastically.

"Enough about marriage and children and being single. Weren't we here to discuss what we're gonna do for Laura's birthday?" Amelia asked, Laura being your mothers name.

"I say we go to the movies or something." Your father said, shrugging a little bit.

"We're not going to the movies, you're probably going to want to see something yourself, Anderson." Your mother told him, looking him up and down.

"Movie!" Marilyn repeated, clapping for herself as she looked around the entire kitchen.

The house was rather nice, which was due to your families wealthiness, along with a little bit of them wanting to show off for some stuff.

"Yes, Mari, Movie." Marilyn's grandmother, your mother, said as she gave Marilyn a small pat on the head from across the countertop.

"Actually, Laura, early birthday present, but do you know how I told you about me going to buy tickets to watch something a few months ago?" Your aunt asked, your uncle going up beside her.

Your mother looked over and lifted an eyebrow, your father doing the exact same thing in the span of a few seconds.

"Yes, why?" Your mother questioned, letting her head lean into a tilt.

"We actually bought tickets for the whole family." Your uncle said, as he grabbed a small red box that looked to be like an old Christmas box.

Huh.

You leaned forward as Marilyn tried to grab it, making grabby hands towards the box before you slid it away from her so that she couldn't grab it.

It went straight to both your parents, Amelia and Milo looking to the box and getting up to walk around the counter to see your parents start to open it.

"Box!" Marilyn said, pointing to the box.

"Yes, Marilyn, it's a box." You told her, smiling a little bit before looking at the box again.

Your mother then opened the box, and she flipped the box over.

Out came eight Formula One Paddock Club Passes, specifically for Red Bull.

Oh no.

"Passes for a Formula One race?" You asked, leaning forward a little.

You were not going to stand listening to the Dutch anthem.

That was not happening.

"Well, me and Marc figures it'd be an amazing thing for the family to go to, and it's only for a day. It's not like it's gonna be so bad." Your aunt said, 'Marc' being your uncles name.

As said earlier, affectionate names only stayed for a year or two of some sort of marriage.

"And you want me and Anderson to watch racing together for my birthday." Your mother said,

"It's the whole family! They're paddock club, so you can be inside the whole time if you'd like! Your birthday is on Saturday, so we'll go then!" Your uncle told her.

Marilyn looked over at you when your mom started to bicker with your father and her son.

You sighed and got up, taking Marilyn with you.

"I'm going to leave before Marilyn decides she wants to fall asleep for the night. Tell me what we're doing." You stated, nodding a little.

Your family barely acknowledged you leaving, Marilyn waving to them.

"Bye bye!" Marilyn said, still waving.

You headed straight for the door.