~~ P A C K ~~

It was now about 6 PM, the sun having set already, with Marilyn now down for a nap on your own bed instead of hers.

This meant you and max simply tried not to move the bed or the blankets at all, while Max folded several piles of clothes that you'd bring.

They were all chosen by Max, as he had did a whole closet walk-through for you, simply to see stuff that he'd enjoy seeing you wear.

He mainly packed your whole closet, which said a lot about him and his personality.

"So what am I supposed to tell my parents if they ask for me to come over or something?" You asked Max, lacing around the room as you held your phone, pointing to it.

"You're sick?" Max suggested, not looking up as he tore a tag off of a pair of pants that you had recently bought for yourself.

"Okay, but what if they call or something?" You asked, lifting an eyebrow as you put your hands together.

Marilyn adjusted herself on the bed, mainly closer to max than she was to her own pillow at the time.

"I don't know." Max hummed, leaning back a little as he set a pile of clothes down.

"That helps." You told him, crossing your arms a little bit.

"Miss the call and tell them you're busy, or call them and head to a quieter place so that they don't suspect anything." Max told you, shrugging a little bit. "I used to tell my dad that when I snuck off for a little while when I was younger so that I didn't have to do karting."

"Yes, but your dad is Jos Verstappen. He wasn't invested in your life as much as he was invested in your racing future." You pointed it out.

You weren't wrong about it, even Max knew that.

"Just say you're busy and don't answer the phone, and maybe they might believe it." Max responded, shrugging a little bit.

"And FaceTime?" You questioned him, raising an eyebrow as you gestures to the FaceTime button.

Marilyn moved in her sleep, cooing a little bit as she shifted to the other side of the bed, which was something that you were unfazed by right now.

"You worry too much." Max told you, finishing putting away clothes.

They weren't folded the best, but it'd do nicely for now, since it didn't really matter.

You didn't care when it came to that.

"I really don't feel like being disowned by my parents at the moment." You said, rolling your eyes a little bit as Max smiled at his finished work.

He then got up and walked towards you, arm wrapping around you for a moment, before going down to resting on your waist, looking down at what you were doing.

His head tilted against yours, completely putting his weight onto you, which made you stand up a little straighter so that you could be in a better position right now.

"What if I just tell them that I need to get my phone fixed or something because Marilyn broke it?" You asked, looking over to Max.

"Are you really gonna blame that on Marilyn?" Max asked, letting his head straighten out again as he smiled a little bit.

"Fine, I'll say that I broke the phone and need to get it fixed and it'll take a few days for it to fix." You said. "Is that good enough for you."

"I'd probably believe it, but whose paying for that, hmm?" Max asked, picking at you for the whole thing about you needing to use your parents money since you spent most of your time taking care of your daughter.

You really didn't like that.

"Shut up for a quick moment, max." You told him, rolling your eyes as you moved his hand away from you.

"Rude." Max stated, frowning slightly as he took his hands off of you.

You typed everything you had suggested, mainly messaging your mom, and she'd tell your dad and the rest of your family so that they'd know not to call you too.

Perfect plan in your eyes, as your parents were actually pretty naive in your eyes.

You sent it, and before receiving a text back, you shut off the phone so that you wouldn't have to engage in any unnecessary conversation with your mother in case you let anything slip or if she got suspicious of you for something.

You threw the phone onto the bed, and it almost hit your daughter on the foot but didn't, which was extremely lucky for you, as usually you had the worst luck when it came to thing like that.

"Close call." Max commented on that, smiling at you a little bit before pointing to the suitcase you had.

"I packed most things for you." Max said, gesturing to your closet that now looked extremely empty.

He even took the Red Bull Racing bomber jacket that you had wore to the race when you first managed to get his number.

"I'm pretty sure I just asked you to pick out my clothes." You told him, looking at max as you raised an eyebrow.

"I was already there." Max said, shrugging a little bit, indicating he didn't really have a good excuse as to why he had decided to basically pack whatever you needed and most likely more.

"Makes sense." You shrugged, before looking to your door. "You want water? Because I want water."

"You're asking me because?" Max asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Just in case you want water." You told him, as if it were common knowledge.

"Uh-Huh." Max said in response to that, crossing his arms as he watched you walk out, most likely to get yourself water.

That was definitely what you were doing.

Marilyn moved around a little on the bed, and it was obvious she was about to wake up from her nap, which meant she'd go to sleep around 11-12 now.