~~ P R A C T I C E R A C E ~~

It was the next day, and it was currently Friday at 4:30 PM, the first race of the weekend starting at 5 PM.

Hence why you were sat with your legs propped up onto a desk in front of you.

You were on your phone, not really paying attention to anything that was happening around you.

Since the race was about to begin, you were in the hospitality building for Red Bull.

Max had left you there and told you to stay put until he came back, and since Practice and Qualifying races were back to back, you'd have to wait it out for a good half of your day.

As you have been.

To make it a little bit better, Christian Horner had given you Red Bull Racing Gear for you to wear, as he thought it'd be some sort of appropriate gift.

To make it worse, It had the Dutch flag on it with 'Max' on the side, and that was something you weren't exactly the most excited for.

You were alone at the moment, save for one employee who'd walk in and out to grab different things and wave to you a little bit, which was nice.

Max was already out on the track and getting ready, along with the several other drivers.

You assumed that your parents still haven't noticed that you were away from home, which was something you were extremely happy about as there was no way on earth you'd tell them you had went to Abu Dhabi without Marilyn to watch your boyfriend race.

Sure, it was what was actually happening, but would they actually believe you of all people?

You were about to switch the app you were on, when Max Verstappen's personal trainer had walked in, his name being 'Bradley Scanes'.

He was leaving Formula One soon, Max having told you literally this morning.

"Hey! Y/n, right?" Bradley asked, lifting an eyebrow as he walked towards you and sat down next to you.

You shut your phone off and looked over at him, smiling and nodding.

"Mhm." You responded, scooting a little away to give him some more room.

"Max must really like you to take you to one of his races after meeting you in Las Vegas. One week is everything to him." Bradley told you, smiling a little bit as he leaned back against the couch with a laid back expression.

"Yeah, I'd assume so." You said, crossing your arms and shrugging a little bit.

The practice race had already started, and you noticed when the announcer on tv had started saying the several current standings in the first lap.

"He hadn't stopped talking about you to me when we met up for today inside the garage, so I had to come meet you. He said you had a kid?" Bradley asked, gesturing to you and then gesturing to Max, who was just behind Oscar Piastri at the moment.

"An ex relationship. Nothing more than a one-night stand to be honest." you hummed, cracking both your joints and fingers a little bit.

It was an extremely addicting habit of yours, and you couldn't really stop doing it even when you were asked to, as the feeling to do it came naturally.

"He also talked about your daughter, Marilyn was her name, right?" Bradley questioned, raising an eyebrow as he crossed his arms and leaned back again.

You did the exact same thing, but adjusted your leg to be on top of the other when it was on the table.

The red bull gear you had on was zipped down a little, but you kept your arms in the actual outfit, revealing the white t-shirt you had under with the 'Oracle' wording on it.

It was only to reduce heat, as you didn't realize how hot it would be today in Abu Dhabi.

Max didn't even warn you about anything, but he was most likely used to it after a while of simply racing for at least 90 minutes in a confined space around a track without any access to anything that would cool him down other than a drink.

"Yup." You said, nodding to him. "She loves Max, to the point where it can seem like a real problem."

"Well, then. I better get going. When the race ends I'm gonna have to hear Max cuss and swear at me until qualifying." Bradley sighed, you laughing a little bit before Bradley had gotten up. "I'll see you around, well, whenever I can since I'm leaving Formula One."

"Yeah, I think I'll see you around a little more." You hummed, letting your head lean into a tilt as you watched him walk out.

That was a nice conversation of yours, and it seemed to have passed the time a little better for you.

You picked up your phone again, going back to scrolling, and you'd look up at the screen every few moments, Max currently being in 5th place behind several other drivers.

Did you care?

That was the real question.

You liked watching Formula One, but knowing it was a practice race was something you were put off by, and you still had yet to get comfortable and sink into the fact that if your parents found out you had left Las Vegas to head to Abu Dhabi of all places, you'd be absolutely disowned by your parents.

It'd work like your other aunt, how when she got married and left to move to Canada she had gotten completely cut off by your family and no one heard from her again.

That was your favourite aunt too, but it was all in the past since you were about 13.

You looked back up at the screen once again.

Max was currently in 6th behind Leclerc, with George Russel having the lead at the moment.

You knew that for a driver like Max, his place in practice one on fridays didn't really matter, since he's go good in qualifying either way.