~~ A B U D H A B I ~~

You and Max were now in Abu Dhabi, and it was currently Thursday morning at 5 AM, it being the next day.

The jet lag you had wasn't too bad, and you were barely tired, but Max was extremely tired on the other hand which was something you wanted to laugh at.

You'd probably start teasing him for it later.

The both of you were stood in the lobby of the hotel, Christian Horner and Sergio Pérez already there, as they were also staying in the same hotel.

Apparently pit crew was making adjustments to the Red Bull cars at the moment, along with proofing them for a few things.

"I didn't know you were able to get into a stable relationship." Checo said, gesturing to you and then gesturing to Max, almost with distaste when he looked at Max.

Max only glared at Checo for a little bit, about to flip him off when Christian Horner spoke.

"Much better than Kelly." Horner stated, referring to Kelly Piquet.

"Agreed." You deadpanned, and Max looked over at you, you went dead silent.

Max had ended his relationship with Kelly Piquet on the second year of being in Red Bull Racing, after some sort of disputes between the three of them along with Kelly making some sort of threat to several people.

"Me and Kelly were a thing for a year, I don't see how it matters right now." Max sighed, crossing his arms.

"You still were together, Verstappen." Checo told him, snickering a little bit as placed a hand on your shoulder.

"Oh, don't worry, Y/n. I don't think he'll be leaving you anytime soon." Christian said, shooting a glare at Max as if warning him not to or something.

You really couldn't care about such.

"Come on, Y/n. Can't we go to the hotel, chill for a little bit, and then you can start ganging up on me or something?" Max asked, frowning at you by a lot.

"Aren't you supposed to be used to the jet lag by now or something?" You asked him, lifting an eyebrow before shrugging again.

~~ S M A L L T I M E S K I P ~~

It was currently pitch black outside, you and max having spent all morning and afternoon simply laying around and Doing absolutely nothing within Abu Dhabi.

It was about 11:21 PM, and the races were tomorrow, which meant the both of you had to be up rather early.

That was something you weren't the most excited for, but you'd bear the price to pay so that Max wouldn't get disappointed in you or something.

You were laying down on the shared hotel bed, you scrolling through your phone while Max was half asleep and laying down on top of you.

His head stopped at your neck and he had his arms wrapped around you, eyes shut but it was obvious that he was still quite awake.

Max would make a small sound every so often and shift a little bit on you, causing you to have to get into a comfortable position every time he did decide to do that.

"You know you're racing tomorrow, and you should've been asleep probably 3 hours ago, yeah?" You asked him, lifting an eyebrow as you stroked his back a little.

"Mmhm." Max responded, the words coming out, but he didn't seem to really register his own responses which was something that was rather obvious to you.

"Marilyn's probably up and about right now while you're all tired and stuff." You hummed, running a hand through his hair before pulling him closer a little bit.

He didn't seem to mind this, sinking into you even deeper, moving his head to face straight to your collar bone, not feeling like he could move even if he wanted to.

You adjusted yourself a little bit to prevent your limbs from falling asleep and getting pin pricks, head leaning to the side as you simply looked towards the window.

At the moment, you had finally realized that you were dating Max Verstappen, a two time world champion who made at least 6 figures a year and raced for Red Bull.

And you were currently with him to watch him race in the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix for race weekend.

That Max Verstappen.

You didn't expect it, and if someone had told you from a younger age, you'd most likely laugh or shrug it off and go back to your everyday life.

Now this was real, and Max absolutely loved you.

It felt good to be loved, as you hadn't felt it in the romantic manner in a while, and you didn't want to lose the feeling again at all costs.

If you had actually told your family about Max, then they'd probably be much more than happy for you, specifically for the fact you married a rich Dutch man who travelled quite a lot each year since it was apart of his career.

Max made a small sound of comfort, fingers curling a little bit and nails going into your back slightly.

"Love you.." Max said, eyes still shut as he laid on top of you with little to no cares in the world.

It was almost like he didn't have a defining race the next day.

Almost.

"Love you too, Maxie." You told him, patting his head a little bit.

After a couple more minutes, Max had fallen asleep laying on top of you and being in your arms.

You felt tired as soon as he did this.

You yawned a little bit, head leaning to the side and smiling at Max, as you had felt tired yourself for the past hour or something.

You had only stayed awake to keep Max some company, and so that you could make sure that Max would actually go to sleep at the end of the night.

And that's exactly what he did, before you did the exact same thing afterwards too.