Chapter 2

I pick up my skateboard and hold it by the wheels. It shrinks so that it's a stick. Something Eyes made. Everyone thought it was a tube of sorts, but once it hit the ground it was a skateboard.

I was so dead.

I walk silently into the house and hurry to my 'room'. It wasn't a room. It was a closet. I put the skateboard into my backpack. I owned four things. A backpack, a set of clothes and a skateboard. I didn't count my knife since I hid that.

I was already struggling to walk and breathe. They were among the worst foster monsters I had ever had. I so much as breathe wrong in their presence and they would beat me.

I don't know what time it was, but I was supposed to be back a while ago. A long while ago. I lay the backpack on the wall against the door. If it was in the way, they would destroy it.

As if I summoned them with my thoughts, I hear them storm down the hall. Never a good sign since there was nothing down the hall except an empty room and my closet.

So dead. I would be so dead. The door opens and in front of me is who should be my foster mother. Truly are monsters. I would run away if I had a chance to get away.

They all made sure to beat me to the point that if I did run, they could catch me. As long as I could remember it had been that way, so as soon as the door opened, I curled up. There was no avoiding it.

The familiar feelings beg me to come. I pull on it and the next thing I know, I'm waking up. Everything burned. Everything screamed saying that it was broken.

Probably was actually.

I try to sit up so I can stand up and eventually, hopefully, leave; but it fails. My body refuses to move. It refuses to breathe properly. The feeling begs me to pull it and since I don't have anything else to do, I pull on it.

The pain becomes a numb tingling sensation. I force myself to stand. Just walk away. Walk away because otherwise they'll come back. I grab my backpack and walk out. The longer I move the less numb I get.

The pain comes up but with it the  feeling comes back. I pull on it. It wasn't the pills was it. It wasn't the pills that took away the pain. If they didn't take away the pain, what did they do?

Somehow I end up at the building. Our hide out. Hiding from life. Maybe I should tell Eyes 'n' Ears. Maybe they could kill them all. Kill them all. Kill the monsters and Devil. Devils and monsters. Shouldn't there be Demons?

Someone is snapping in my face. It takes them almost touching me so that they get my attention. I look up and see that it's Ears.  He was the assassin of the group. He could teach me. We could kill them. Live away from everyone.

"Are you okay buddy?" I hear it but it sounds so far away.
"Silent?... Silencer... Cade?"

I flinch so hard at my name. My real name. Only the monsters called me that. Most of the time they didn't actually. They called me freak or some variation. Eyes and Ears called me Silencer or something like that. Silent, Silencer, no one called me Cade.

The pain comes back in an instant and there's no feeling to take it back. Ears is right in front of me. When did he get there?

"Cade? Come on. You need to get to a hospital. Somewhere. How did you get here?"

Ears kneels down next to me. I'm leaning against a wall, and I push myself into it because he's trying to pick me up. He can't pick me up. He can't touch me. No one can.  They always hurt me.

The second he touches me the pain flares. I want to scream but my throat hurt so much. He runs with me in his arms. I can barely tell what's going on. It hurts so much. Where was the feeling? The pills didn't bring it. It just came. But it wasn't coming.