Chapter 20

"You can tell me, Cade"

I stare at him for a hot second and decide that if anything it will get me kicked out of the house. Whether it's being thrown out or through the hospital.

You don't need to know

"Cade come on"

Right like you expect me to spill my guts to you

If he wasn't gonna hurt me or blackmail me, he did not need to be in my room. No, not my room. It was the room I'm staying in. Sure, some part of me wanted to tell him -tell someone- but I barely knew the guy.

Nile leaves and I feel like I can breathe again. I fall on the bed and take off my beanie. I hated the stupid thing but the Vinci's already knew I drew. If they found out I was albino as well it would be the last straw or something.

Maybe not actually, Nur's brother was albino. I can't help but wonder why you would be named Nur. At least he had the decency to name Iman Edmond. Don't know why Edmond would go by Iman. Wasn't Iman magnet in Spanish? Why would you choose that as your nickname?

There's another knock on the door and I wonder what makes me so appealing. Or maybe they just wanted to annoy me. It was probably that one because I was me.

Reluctantly putting on my beanie again I walk to the door and open it. To my great annoyance, it's Koji. Yet another weird name. I swear Nur just put random letters together.

"You're acting strange" Koji says after a second

I scoff and close the door, but it doesn't click and I know Koji is pushing against it. I sigh silently and wonder why people insist on talking to me. Koji didn't know sign language as far as I know, but then again I didn't know Nile did either.

"Don't close the door on me. You've always acted strange. Different in a way, but you looked at me like I had a second head or something when you came up here with Dario earlier"

I shrug because I'm peopled out and he doesn't need to know.

Apparently he doesn't appreciate that because he starts ranting.

"What's up with you? You've lived here for like a month and I rarely see you. Hell, I see Iver or Dario more than you and they don't live here. You just have them over and you are lucky that we don't kick them out because they're in rival mafias!"

The second he says it he slaps his hand over his mouth and I swear that rocks have more intelligence than him. Spilling the mafia secret. He's lucky I already knew.

As much as I want to slam the door in his face I don't. I leave it open and go for a notebook.

I make sure it's not a sketching one and the first one I grab is my empty science notebook that was my every class notebook because I didn't do anything in school.

Had it been anyone else you would have spilled the mafia secret to everyone. So what's important enough that your going around spilling secrets?

I show it to the moron and he looks both relieved and confused. A third emotion is definitely present but I suppress my emotions, who really expects me to be able to read everyone else?

"You know about the mafias" Koji says stunned.

I roll my eyes and resist the growing urge to slam the door in his face.