Chapter 18

School sucks. Those 2 words mean so much but it's only 2 words so let me repeat them to carry their weight. School sucks.

Well, I don't do anything in school but the people suck. Especially when there are 4 obnoxious beings harping on you trying to find out why you 'died' for 2 weeks.

So what if I was gone? I don't see why it concerns them. But they haven't stopped asking.

I loved Eyes' Mom, but why did she make me come to school.

"Did you at least pay attention to class?" Juliana asks

I shake my head and she groans slumping against the library table because we were supposed to be studying and I wasn't helping. I didn't even know what we were working on now.

I keep sketching without a care until Scott slams the book on the table and starts ranting about how school was important.

"Cade, you need to pay attention. We are studying, we could do it at home but we are doing it now to help you and you're drawing. You're always drawing and they are disturbing. Have you seen them? Cade, you cannot tell me that sketching someone blow out their brains in vivid detail isn't freaky. Especially in school when you're supposed to be learning" Scott rants.

I look at my sketchbook and sure enough it's a man blowing his brains out as the gun goes off. The bullet is lodged in his head and the blood is in the air. The backfire explosion can be seen as well. Then all of the vivid detail of a human.

Here I was thinking I was drawing chains.

I look at Scott and wonder if that's all he cares about, school. But that word is what irked me the most; Home. School had never mattered. Foster monsters had always hated me and never cared. If I had a 90% skip rate they wouldn't know.

Why was I even hanging around him? Around any of them? For that false sense of friends or that other people besides Eyes or Ears might care about me. No, under the beanie, under the mask I was a white haired freak. And soon enough even Ears and Eyes would see that too.

School doesn't matter because I would be dead soon enough.

I get up and walk out of the library pretending not to hear Jasper, Juliana, Scott or Oliver. If all they cared about was school then they could get someone else. School doesn't matter. School doesn't matter because behind the school was families and as selfish as that sounded it was true. Kids who were in families, even ones that were divorced and 'broken' existed. Home would never exist for someone like me.

My thoughts just spiral and I return to Eyes house which only makes it worse. Eyes house was a family based house and I was the intruder. I can only think about it sarcastically now. Where was my house? Now I was serious because I remember I can torture the man who took it all away. I can make him hurt and I can make it all on him. He took away Mom. He took away Home.

I change directions and go there. No one stops me as I walk down the base and into the cell. He looks awful since he's chained to the chair. His hair is matted to his face and he's panting like he hasn't had water in days. He probably hasn't realistically, but I wasn't here to be nice.

He took my Home.

I pull off my beanie and I hear his breathe get more erratic as I stare at him just thinking. How could I make him hurt like he hurt me?

"Please. Please. I'll- I'll do anything. Just- please" he whimpers and I want to beat him to death.

Maybe it was time. Time to skin him alive just like he skinned her all those years ago. But he didn't have anyone though. No one to mourn him. No one who would miss him and no one who would notice his absence.