Chapter 14

I put on my mask. It had been too long. Too long since I had painted anything. Snow falls outside but I don't care. I was inside the fort. The fort was my sanctuary. And apparently my previous home.

I make abstract art at the moment. It would probably make a normal person puke, but who cares about Eyes' opinion?

Actually, I did.

I wonder why the Vinci's didn't try to connect with me. Aslan was the one who always came to get me. I have had one interaction with Nile and ended up practically punching him. Iman too actually

Aslan tried to get to know me the most because he was the loneliest. Eden was close with Koji. He was the third wheel even though he was the oldest triplet.

Ezra has his dad while Nile and Iman have each other. Aslan wanted someone but would rather starve than tell you that. He may have eaten more than anyone I've ever seen, but he wasn't fat in the slightest.

I think about the hoard. Scott and Oliver were still bugging me about school. Jasper and Juliana had given up.

I make a line through the painting I just did and go onto the next one not even bothering to look at it and make sure it wasn't some gruesome image.

Scott was still the smartest of the group. He actually paid attention. Him and Juliana were like that. He was the most concerned about me and I hated it.

No one has ever cared besides Eyes and Ears. Oliver tried to talk to me the most. Juliana acted like I was a frog for her to dissect in science class and Jasper. That kid was thicker than cement.

He would ask you to go do some crazy, adventurous thing and wouldn't stop asking unless you said yes.

Scott may have cared, Oliver may have talked, and Juliana may have stared but he was the most annoying. The one closest to finding out my secrets because he tried to hug me. Every. Single. Day.

It scared the living daylights out of me and he went around with more than one bruise because of me. He had it coming.

"We should get back" Eyes says after I've repainted a fourth of the cement walls. Why couldn't I stop thinking for once?

I shake my head and he sighs and goes back to messing with his camera. There's a knocking and I turn around because none of us knocked. Not Ears or Eyes.

Oliver had just come in that one time and Scott waited till I approached him however involuntarily. Maybe it was Juliana's turn. God forbid it was Jasper.

Actually that sounded like a good idea. Maybe Eyes could pummel him. I look at Eyes who has already hid the camera. He reaches for his switchblade instead of his gun.

It may have seemed like a dinky knife, but it was convenient, 6 inches long, and he knew how to use it. I used a regular old knife.

At the front of the house -turned fort- is A1.

Let me introduce you to The Vinci's relatives. I'm the Family one, the A family, we had AA for the Father who looked decked out with his slick back hair and tattoos.

Next was AB, the mother. She looked nice, but you could tell she had a gun in her boot by how she walked. Appearances rarely matched personality.

Then A1, who was here. He was the oldest of the kids. He had tattoos like his father and was the father wannabe, but didn't pull it off too well. Think he was like 18 but acted like he was 14

A2 was way too big for my liking. Reminded me of my sick foster brothers.

A3 was your classic, spoiled Mafia princess. I think. That's how she acted. All high and mighty.